-6-

Corbyn's Pov:

After I made those plans with Zach, my manager called.

"What's up? I have to meet someone soon," I say.

"Well, you have to cancel on them because we are going to a radio interview about an hour away so get ready," David explains.

"You have got to be kidding me," I mumble.

"Nope, I'm on my way over." He says. I hang up and turn to Christina.

"Can you go to the Grove and tell Zach that I have a stupid interview to go to? And just like hang out with him?"

"Yeah, he's pretty chill. And I think he's gay," she says smirking.

"Don't give me that look," I say. "No, stop. You are gonna make me get a boner from thinking of him. I swear," I threat.

"Okay, fine fine, I'll stop. Only because your manager just pulled in," she says.

I look down and see no boner. Thank God!

"Okay, love ya Chris," I say running out to the car and hoping in.

"Lets go!" I say plugging my phone into the aux cord.

I blast my music. David had to be the party pooper and turn it down.

"Okay, so this interview is with a gay guy so don't let him hit on you and you better not hit on him," he explains.

"Yeah I know. I have my eye on someone else, but I know management won't approve of him because of his jobs and crap," I sigh.

"Who is that?" He asks curiously.

"Well, I kinda like Zach from the diner. You know the guy who sings and waits tables?" I explain.

"Oh that guy," he says. "is he even gay?"

"That's the problem. I fall for people who aren't even gay and then end up getting my heart broke more," I sadly say.

"Aww it's okay corbs," he says. "You'll find someone." He assures me.

"Now you sound like my therapist." I mumble.

"You go to a therapist? How come I never knew about this?" He asks.

"Because it's a personal therapist and she doesn't judge me," I said ending it with a humph when i leaned back.

"I don't judge you," he says.

"Sometimes you do. That's why I hired you was because my old manager was rude to everyone including me and judged me. I guess I still really don't trust new people," I explain.

"I understand." He says.

He turns the radio back on. I softly sang along to it. We finally arrived at the station.

"Hey, Corbyn! David!" The guy greets us. He shakes our hands.

"Hello," I say.

"Well, I'm Dan. So you ready for the interview?"

"Yea. Im ready," I say following him into a room.

"So we are live here with Corbyn Besson. So Corbyn, how are you today?"

"I'm doing great. How are you?"

"I'm doing swell," he answers. "so anyone special?" He asks.

"Other than my mom nope," I answer, laughing a bit.

"Haha so have any upcoming tours, or dropping new music soon?" He asks.

"Yeah actually, I plan on dropping a couple songs during my upcoming tour. It's a self titled tour so I'll be singing the newest song that I'm dropping at the end once it drops. I'll be doing my latest EP called 'Finally' and then I have a new single called Lambo that's out now." (Pretend in this scene) I explain.

"So when do the tickets go on sale for your tour?" He asks getting a little closer to me.

"The tickets are suppose to go on sale on Sunday at 8 am Pacific time. So that's like maybe 11 am near the east coast side. Then about 10 central time so yeah go get them. Get the meet and greet tickets too." I plug.

"So who is headlining your tour?" He asks placing a hand on my knee. So glad this wasn't video taped.

"Um I haven't Decided yet. I have a few in mind, but I'll have to talk to my management and tour guys about them," I explain moving his hand.

"So what does the EP Finally mean to you?"

"Well, for me, personally, each song has a different story behind it. Like songs have a meaning behind them. My songs on this EP is more personal and heartfelt. Each sing represents a memory that stuck with me throughout my life. Like, 'do or die' you'd have to know what happened to understand the lyrics in my point of view."

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking," he asks.

"I don't mind. Ever since I was little, I've always wanted to be a performer. That was up until my dad left my mom and I at age 5. I never found out why he left or where he is anymore. I don't even know if he's alive anymore. I stopped dreaming because my dreams brought me a living nightmare. My mom is actually the one who got me to this place now. She bought me everything that deals with singing for me to start my career."

"Aww, your mom is such a nice person. So what are the others about?"

One long interview late:

I hate that stupid radio interviewer. He kept hitting on me and I wasn't having it.

"I didn't know that about your dad," David says as we get in the car. It was 6 by the time we left that place.

"No one knew until know."

"Oh. Why do you seem like you're in a weird mood?" He asks. Flashbacks from after the interview started.

"Hey! Can I speak to you privately?" Dan asked.

"Sure!" I say following him. Once I got through the door, he pushed me against the door locking it too.

"I'm gonna make you pay for moving my hands off you during the interview," he says trying to kiss me. I push him off. He punches me then starts to undo my pants. Then I kick him off of me and walk out trying to calm down. I buttoned my pants back.

"I don't really wanna talk about it," I slump in my seat.

We drive home in silence. That moment replays in my head over and over how I almost got raped.

-April 16, 2018-