The Talk

Faith POV:
As we walked to the stage i kept thinking about what Tim said. Was he telling the truth about her? Was that song really about me? Doesn't he really want to be with me or just want me for sex like all the other guys? I was brought out of my thoughts by Tim.
"Faith it's our turn"
"Oh sorry" I said reluctantly looping my arms with his as we walked out. Seeing the girls lightened my mood for the moment as we announced Little Big Town's performance. As we walked off stage Tim pulled me to the side.
"Faith, I really like you. I want to get to know you and your girls. You're special, I can see that, hell anyone with eyes can! When I came to Vegas I wasn't expecting to find someone that I could potentially spend the rest of my life with." He said grabbing one of my hands, I looked up at the ceiling trying to figure out what to say. Was I really ready for a relationship? I know the girls keep pushing me to be in one.
"Tim..." I said with a small sigh trying to figure out the right words "this is all so new and scary for me. I haven't dated since I got divorced, which was 10 years ago, I don't know how to date in this day and age. I like you too, hell I'm pretty sure my girls already like you, but I cant get hurt again and most of all I cant hurt them again."
"I promise I wont hurt you or your girls. What you saw yesterday was a psycho woman trying to get me back into her psycho ways but all I could think of was you and how much I didn't want her kissing me, yeah kissing her was familiar but I don't want that. When I heard you call me an asshole, I wanted to call you so badly and explain but I didn't have your number"
"Ok" I said barely above a whisper.
"Ok?" He asked confused
"We can try this thing. Whatever it is between us. It's not gonna be easy I travel at least 2 weeks a month and have 2 teenagers that are a handful"
"Faith, stop talking yourself out of it. We'll find a way to make it work" he said taking a step towards me. "I'm gonna kiss you now" he said.
"But my...." I was cut off by his lips on mine. As I pulled away I wiped some of my lipstick off his lips "as much as red looks good on you, I don't think you want pictures of you out there with red lipstick on your face" I said with a laugh "I'll call you when I get back to my hotel room later and you can come meet my girls" I said before walking down the hallway and back to my seat, trying to comprehend what just happened.

Sorry for the long wait, I've been pretty busy lately.