Welcome To The Family

Tim POV
I sat down next to Faith and squeezed her hand not prepared for what could unfold during dinner.
"So Tim, how did you meet my daughter since she hasn't told me" Ted asked as Edna put food down on the table.
"When she presented at the ACM's. I was the person she was paired with to present with. I was blown away by her the first time I saw her" I said looking over at Faith with a smile.
"So you're a singer then?"
"Yes I am. I actually wrote a song about Faith, shortly after I met her."
"Maybe you could play it for us later" Steven said.
"Tim you don't have to if you don't want to" Faith cut in before I could answer.
"It's fine. I'd love to if you have a piano, I didn't bring my guitar"
"Unfortunately we sold it a few months ago" Edna said.
"So Faith goes to Europe soon. Are you going with her?" Wesley asked
"Actually I'll be starting my tour, so I'll be staying here."
"And I'll assume you'll be faithful to my sister"
"I would never cheat on her. She means the world to me." I said with a smile as she looked over at me.
"So we have an idea about how you feel about Faith but what about those 2 trouble makers?" Wesley asked pointing to Gracie and Audrey.
"They're my little minions and I'd do anything for them" I said looking over at them.
"I like you just fine, don't get me wrong you'll take care of her cause if you don't..Grandpa's the local sheriff,  he's the judge and the jury, too, Uncle Bill's the undertaker son, he'll dig a hole for you, Cousin Jesse, he's just crazy
he'll fight you just for fun Momma's got a real bad temper, Daddy's got a shotgun" Steven said looking across the table at me. I'm officially slightly scared of pissing Faith's family off.

The last part is from Little Big Town's song welcome to the family.

Read more: Little Big Town - Welcome To The Family Lyrics | MetroLyrics