020

gemma's pov

"What's up girl?" I ask Isabelle. I've never seen her so upset over one phone call before. Well, until just a few minutes ago. "Who's Derrick?"

We sat down on the patio chairs and she had her left foot planted on the concrete. She had her right foot on the cushion, with her hands intertwined resting on her knee and her chin was placed on top on her hands. Her gaze was focused on the ground as she spoke up.

"He's just, I don't know," She started, wearily, and continued. "a douche."

"Isn't that Harry's friend?" I asked and she nodded. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Why is Harry friends with a douche?"

"He's on the basketball team. I was at a party with him when Harry was home and..he's just an asshole. Quinn and Derrick are dating, and I'm not sure if I can handle it."

I could hear the breaking through the way she spoke. She sounded nervous, tired, and almost broken. Isabelle's reasons for acting a certain way aren't uncalled for. She never overreacts, so this must be a real problem she's dealing with and she's not asking anybody for help.

"Why wouldn't you be able to handle it?" I pried. I felt terrible for prying, but I couldn't sit here and watch her struggle.

"Derrick is a bad person. I mean at the party he really showed what kind of person he is." While she spoke, Izzy kept her eyes glued to the ground. Almost like she didn't want to look me in the eyes while saying what was about to come.

"I went upstairs because I was looking for Niall and I wanted to go home. I texted him, asking where he was and he told me in the bathroom to the far end of the hallway. I went into the bedroom across from that room because I read the text wrong...Derrick followed me. He was trying to get me to do stuff with him. I tried to leave but he wouldn't have it. Told me he would tell the school I-I.." She started trailing off, but picked up again a few seconds later. "That I slept with Harry and him right after. Then I pushed him and told him to leave me but he pushed me onto the bed. He was so fucking close to doing something to me. He took most of my clothes off until someone came in. Some older teenager dragged him off. I quickly got dressed, found Niall and went home."

I was focusing on every bit of the story, looking up to see her cheeks staining with new tears. I got up from my seat and knelt in front of her. I quickly wiped her cheeks but more came flooding in.

"Hey, Iz. Why haven't you told Harry or me? We will always help you. Derrick is a dick and he doesn't deserve you or Quinn..or anyone. Karma is a bitch. He'll get what he deserves. Promise."

"I thought I could just forget about it. Push it off and ignore him, but I can't. Everywhere I look..es fucking looking at me and I feel so weak. If nobody came into that room, I don't know how I would look at him. To see him dangle Quinn in front of me, like she's some kind of toy..really just sucks." She cried to me and when I looked up I saw Harry standing by the backdoor, not making a single sound.

I pulled Izzy in for a hug and let her cry into me, using my free hand to tell Harry to go inside. It wasn't good that he knew this when Izzy definitely didn't want him knowing.

He got the hint and went back inside with an angry look on his face. Izzy pulled away and wiped her tears again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to dump my problems on anyone. Especially you, Gem." She whispered and I almost immediately shook my head.

"Don't be like that. This isn't a drama problem, even though I will always help with that. This..this is something much more difficult to deal with and I will always lend you a shoulder to lean on. So don't apologize, okay?"

She nodded her head and after a few minutes we walked back inside.

↠↟↞

Isabelle's pov

We were now all sat in the living room, trying to find a movie to watch for family night. They were all suggesting reasonable movies for family night. I thought I would spice things up a little bit.

"I recommend Fifty Shades Of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, or..Fifty Shades Freed." I spoke with a sarcastic tone. Robin and Anne laughed, disagreeing.

"Why not?" I asked even though I would rather not watch it with them. They ignored me and I spoke again. "God forbid we watch people make love!"

(A/N: yea this is a line from love simon. i will worship that movie until i am deceased. continue reading :)))

Harry looked over at me and spoke in my ear, "We know you like kinky shit, but not everyone else does. Be considerate." He whispered to me, giggling and I slapped his bicep. His very muscular bicep, if I do say so myself.

"Alright knock it out Harold. We're watching Starstruck."

"Hell yes!" I yelled and they shushed me and hit play. Gemma got up and told us she was going to make some popcorn.

"Harry come and help me." She ordered and he rolled his eyes but got up, leaving me cold since he took the blanket we were sharing with him.

I looked over to them and grew curious as Harry started using hand gestures towards her, expressing what he was saying.

I had no clue a whole heated conversation was needed in order to make microwaveable popcorn and prepare it for family movie night.

Well, I guess some people, like myself, do learn new things everyday.

I chuckled to myself and payed attention to my favor Disney Channel movie of all time. Well second favorite Disney movie. I don't think anything will beat Camp Rock.

Gemma's pov

"Harry seriously. I will not come and pick you up if you get suspended for beating Derrick up to a pulp. Not that he doesn't deserve it." I hissed at him and opened the bottom cabinet in the kitchen to grab two large popcorn bowls.

"He hurt her! I'm not gonna sit back and let him get away with it. She's obviously not okay with him and Quinn together. I'm doing something about it. Violence doesn't have to be involved. Oh by the way, I drive myself to school so I would just drive myself home." He whispered to make sure Izzy didn't know what we were talking about.

I rolled my eyes and took the popcorn bag out of the microwave when it beeped, placing the second popcorn bag in the microwave and pressed the popcorn button.

I emptied the contents of the popcorn bag into one and the popcorn bowls and Harry ate a few before I spoke again.

"Okay, Haz. Can't believe you are friends with a scumbag like him. Do us all a favor and get better judgement."

-----------------
authors note:

you finally know why derrick is an actual whoree&,!;&,&,lmk what you think of it

comment
please vote and add to your library and/or reading list <33
follow?¿

thank you sm
xx