048

isabelles pov

It's been only half a day since I last saw Harry, and I knew I wouldn't be able to kiss him or hug him today, tomorrow, or the day that follow.

I realize that I did this to prepare myself for how it's going to be without him by my side to guide me through things, but it's hard to think about it.

We wouldn't be a healthy relationship. I would be going to bed while he was just starting his day during his XFactor journey.

Every. Single. Day.

I would be sending him a goodnight text while he was sending one that reads 'good morning.'

Even though he was fighting me on it, I just know he how's that it's what's best. For the time being at least.

It was one in the afternoon and so far today the only thing I have done was make myself some french toast.

It was good as hell, not gonna lie, but that's all I've done.

My mom is at work and I saw she left me a note on the counter when I came downstairs this morning to a quiet, empty house. In the note, it said that she made some snacks for me if I got hungry in the fridge and that she would be working a double tonight.

That's what I hated about her being a waitress. She decided to take on double shifts all the time, but that left no room for her personal life.

Only exhaustion. On doubles, she would work from 10 in the morning to 10 at night. I could never put a smile on my face for that long, but that's just me.

I walk upstairs into my room and open my drawers, looking for something to wear over my swimsuit.

I decide on a pair of dark denim shorts and a large taupe tee, tucking the shirt into my shorts messily.

I'm just going to Harry's pool, so I don't think it matters what I wear all that much.

I took one last look in the mirror and was satisfied, walking downstairs to grab tanning oil and a towel.

He said in the group chat that we had for everyone would to arrive around two. It was 2:40 now so I could squeeze in an episode of The Walking Dead before I leave.

Not the current walking dead. I'm actually rewatching it because season eight is so boring. Basically everyone good is killed off, so why not relive by re watching it until season five?

Only ten minutes into the episode, I heard my doorbell ring. I rolled my eyes because I was at a good part, but reluctantly paused it. I got up from the couch, made my way to the door, unlocking and opening it.

"W-what are you doing here, Quinn?" I questioned her.

"Why would you do that? You broke his heart you know?" She basically yelled at me and shoved past me into my home.

"Come on in, Quinn." I laughed with sarcasm behind my voice.

"Don't do that. Why did you break up with him like that? You know you've been a bïtch to him for the past month. I've never seen a male being cry like that over his ex girlfriend. It takes a lot for men to cry because they don't do being vulnerable. You really-"

"I know! I'm a bïtch! I should've just ended things sooner. He doesn't deserve any of this. He's my best friend and I'm in love with him. Too much in fact, but this past month I've just been realizing I'm not gonna be with him for a long time. You know when I go off and when he does we'll lose touch. It happens to everyone, Quinn! And do you really think it didn't hurt me to? I wish it wasn't this way, but it is. My heart fücking aches thinking about how I made him feel. There's nothing I want more than to just be with him, but we're not gonna work out right now and I'm so sick of everyone saying how I made a bad decision!"

I feel like I've said the same thing to so many people, when in reality it's just my mum, Quinn and Harry himself.

Just different versions to each person.

"Okay, I see where you were coming from but I didn't say you made a bad decision. I just want my best friends to be happy."

"Well, you're dreaming. I'll be happy modeling, but other than that I won't be happy when he's falling asleep as I'm waking up."

✯✯✯

"It's gonna be so hard saying goodbye." Niall says with a mouthful of pasta.

We were on Harry's deck in his backyard in swimsuits. Harry, Niall, Drake, Quinn and I all eating the pasta we cooked.

"Think of it as a see you later." I muttered, looking over to Harry's eyes to see he was already looking at me.

They all responded with numerous yeah's and I guesses, seeming to agree.

"Don't worry guys. When Harry and I go off and become superstars in a big band we will still send a few texts." Niall joked and we lol laughed.

"Yes, like us going on The XFactor separately is gonna make us into a boy band." Harry shook his head with a light grin.

"You guys never know. Only time will tell what the future holds for all of us." Drake shrugs truthfully. "Belle is going to model, Quinn is going to become a fashion stylist, Niall and Harry are gonna do some singing shit and I'm going to UCLA for basketball."

I giggled, "You just made Niall and Harry sound terrible. Singing shït is the best way to describe it? How about they're following their dreams? Like everyone else." I state and Drake rolls his eyes, digging back into his pasta while everyone finishes due to us eating while he gave us that big speech.

"In all seriousness, when are you leaving, Drake? I know Harry, Niall and Belle are leaving next week. What about you?"

"I'm moving down to California in a dorm so I think August. It's July right now so another month. I'm a late bloomer."

We all nodded. I didn't even notice that everyone would be saying goodbye to this town around the same time. I almost have everything packed such as my furniture that will be driven over by a moving truck.

Good thing I'm not driving with it. instead, I'll be zooming past it in a plane to San Francisco where my apartment will be.

The best part about moving into an apartment in San Francisco is being able to share it with one of my best friends, Quinn.

Luckily, her college is literally ten minutes away from the apartment, letting her split rent with me.

"You guys wanna go in and watch The Walking Dead?" Harry questions and I shoot my head up. I nodded slightly and he doesn't even acknowledge anyone else's answer because he was already up and calling everyone to the living room to watch the show.

--------------------
authors note:

sorry for the shorter chapter and i'm trying to write quicker so i can't update within three days from the last update but there's only so much time in the day.

it's very very close to the end of this book and off to a sequel.

by close i mean like one maybe two chapters left..

Q: what should the sequel be called?

remember to comment^^
vote
follow?

thank you sm
xx