Chapter 43

-Lucy's POV-

"Wh-what?"

"When the queen left...she never planned to come back. She lied to the emperor."

"Wait are you serious? Why would he start a war for a girl who left him?"

"She was forced. Well anyways going back to the topic. Have you betrayed us now Brandish?"

"I-I...I don't know."

"If you are to betray us, I am sorry but I think negotiating with you would be out of option."

"August please...just listen. Spare some time for them."

"Well I supposed I could just hear them out."

"Really?! You're the best grandpa!"

"Grandpa? I never had a child..."

The next thing I saw was a sword pierced through August's stomach.

"I must kill the one before me..."

"Mest, what the hell did you do?!?"

"I altered her memories to I must kill August no matter what."

"Everything was going so well!!"

"Brandish...I see how things will go. I don't think negotiation is option now."

We saw August stand up. After that a huge light was emitted.

-Mavis's POV-

I-I'm out...but I still can't move.

What's happening?

Where are they?

"First are you OK?!"

"Cana? It was a success. Now bring me to Makarov. Unfortunately I can't move on my own yet."

~

When I woke up the place was a mess. 

"Cana?!"

I clothe myself and ran to the hall. No one's here. What happened? 

"What exactly are you looking for?" I heard a voice behind. 

"Z-Zeref..."

"Mavis?"

"What did you do?! Where are the others? What happened to my guild?!"

He laughed. "Don't worry. This wasn't my idea. I didn't do this. Also what do you mean by 'What happened to my guild?' Well anyways...you're out of the heart. All I need to do is bring Lucy here and the war shall end."

Sh-she need me not the heart?! Dammit!

"Why are you here?"

"Stop playing stupid will you? You know what I want...what I need."

"Explain to me what's happening."

"Why should I? Who are you to order the emperor?"

"You know I have the power to turn myself to dust. Unless you want to live with a Lucy who doesn't know you, you better explain."

"Go ahead kill yourself. I wouldn't mind starting over with Lucy. I'll actually be glad if you do so. The nuisance of our life would be gone. I could have everything that's hers. Tell the world about the legendary traitor. The person who betrayed someone who saved her life...the person who stole everything from a friend. Wouldn't that be the greatest good bye message? Not to mention such wonderful words will come from the person you loved."

I bit my lower lip. I have nothing against him. Wait...I do have something!

"Natsu likes Lucy." I saw him flinch. I gave a smirk. "Would the loving older brother be able to see his younger brother whom looked up to him take the love of his life? What shall a responsible brother do?"

"Maybe you've forgotten the fact it was Natsu's idea for the wedding?"

"Perhaps you've forgotten the fact that none of these two know who you are? Now, now, just tell me what happened to my guild."

"Will you stop saying my guild?! Its cringey! This is not and never will be you're guild!"

"I'm the reason this place exist!"

"First things first you are not! Second is she's the reason you exist...well aside from your mother of course."

"Just what the hell happened to you?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that my best friend tried to kill my wife who have forgotten me and is now trying to elope with my brother scar me?!"

"Wait..elope are you serious?"

"I don't know anymore OK?! Who know what he might be doing to my Lucy!!! OK that's it I'm rushing over to him and kill him."

"What the...."

"Oh right...as I was saying....what was I saying?"

~~~~