Chapter 54

-Lucy's PoV-

Natsu was on dragon force and readied to charge at Zeref.

"Damnit!" Mavis then tapped my forehead. It made me feel weaker, it made my body heavy. She then ran between Natsu and Zeref. "Stop! Natsu... Let me talk to him. We could strike a deal."

"A deal?" Zeref scoffed. "Mavis, if you actually want to make up you wouldn't have started this war... Erase that. You wouldn't have begged Lucy to erase her memories! Now Acnologia found out... And who's the only one who can stop him? It's her! She needs her memories. I need her memories! Mavis, you and your selfishness will destroy the world."

"You don't understand! You've never been in love with someone who doesn't feel the same with you!"

"Wow... Try having my life for the past 10 years of something... I worked hard to earn her affection. I did not cheat on her. We truly loved each other. We let you enter our life and what did you do? You ruined it!"

"Mavis, that's enough talking. He's obviously not going to budge."

"Natsu..." Lucy whimpered. "Please, calm down..."

"Lucy, is needed. She's the only one who can help."

"Zeref, do you know what else would happen when I give her memories back? Congratulations, everyone will know who she is.. Who she truly is. The strongest mage of all. Her kingdom would go back to normal. All dragons would come back. But... All those celestial spirits would crush. Lucy today is actually the ruler of all celestial spirits in our world. Every single spirits she can summon. She can't pass down the throne. Once she's gone... All celestial mage are gone. There's only two after all. Once they're gone... So are the spirits."

I then froze.

Aries... Sagittarius... Taurus... Capricorn... Cancer... Gemini... Scorpio... Virgo... Leo...  Aquarius..

All of them... Gone?

"You think I'll be fooled? That is not true. You've fooled me once. It's either you give me that or I'll use the Neo ec-- neo eclipse..." Zeref then grabbed her. "Your fairy heart is needed... Please..."

"Zeref..." Mavis' eyes then widen realizing Zeref's plan.

"I can go back 400 years ago... When nothing happened. Just a normal Immortal family..." Zeref laughed sadly. "With parents... A happy brother... A beautiful wife" He then looked at Mavis. "You wouldn't be cursed... Everything would be better."

"Please... Don't erase this world. The world where I... I meet you." Mavis then falls. Natsu rushes to her aid.

"Don't worry. She's just unable to move... Since I absorbed her power."

"Zeref..." He then turned to me and smiled at me.

"Everything will be better... I swear. We are going to be happy. I have the fairy heart..." Then a huge amount of magic thundered everywhere.

"I'm going to erase you." Natsu growled.

"Erase me?"

"Enryuuou Houken!" The guild was then destroyed. If I'm not mistaken... Zeref as well.

You stood up still weak from Mavis' attack.

"I'm sorry Gramps... I destroyed the guild again."

Then the hole at the wall returned... As well did Zeref.

"How..."

"It's the Fairy Heart. Time and Space are now mine..."

"N-Natsu!" Everything around me wen slowmo. As I ran to Natsu. Memories of years with Natsu started flashing before your eyes. Zeref drew his hand back ready to attack. I pushed Natsu out of the way and receiving the blow instead. You saw the look on both of their face. "Nat-natsu... I'm sorry but... Master is... Gone..."

-Zeref's POV-

I was frozen staring at Lucy's body. Natsu was passed out since Lucy's push was too strong.

"N-No..." Tears started escaping my eyes. "I-I c-can still... Save he-her..." I was shaking and sobbing. I knelt down next to her body. Unable to control my magic I failed to heal her. "Damnit! Go back to normal!!!" I cried. "I'm sorry... Please... Wake up!!" I turned back to normal for some reason. "Not now please let me help her! Please.... Lucy..." I took her hand and buried my face on it. "Please... Lucy..."

"Lu...cy?" Natsu whimpered seeing her body. Instead of rage balling up like I expect... He grieved first. Sitting down next to me, sobbing.

"This... Wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't part of our deal."

"This... Wasn't supposed to happen again..."

I froze and looked Natsu. But instead... I saw my little brother... I didn't saw a man who wanted me dead... It was my little brother grieving...

"Otouto..." I heaved. Natsu actually turns and then looked back at Lucy.

Then like I hoped... Her wound was slowly vanishing...

~~~