Chapter 55

-3rd Person POV-

As her wounds heal, Natsu slowly fell asleep.

"So... Zeref, there's only two more seals to break to free me." She gave a weak smile. "Please stop it..." Tears streamed down her cheeks. "I truly accept this... I chose this life." 

As Zeref felt her power slowly fade, he immediately rushed to her arms. "No... I don't care! You didn't choose this! Mavis made you do this! She's the reason of everything! Lucy... Please, I'm going to make everything better... For everyone... for us." He then took Lucy's hand and placed it against his cheek.

"Zeref... I love you..." As soon as Lucy closed her eyes... Zeref leaned to kiss her. A kiss he longed for years. As soon as they part, "I love you... but I'm sorry..." Lucy placed her hand on top of Zeref's heart and absorbed the fairy heart. 

His screams echoing at the guild, making her cry harder. When Zeref finally fell she rushed and gave it to Mavis, which woke her up.

"Lucy..." She whimmpred. Lucy gave her a sweet, sad, smile.

"Tell Natsu you took me somewhere safe." She afterwards vanished from their sight.

-Mavis' POV-

"Why... Stop it... STOP TRUSTING ME!!" I cried out to no one. I fell on my knees sobbing. "Stop being nice to me! Stop it! Stop it! Stop!!!" 

Zeref then groaned. I turned to see if he's well. Which he was. He stumbled trying to stand up, then limped to lean on a table.

"Where is she?" Zeref glared at me.

"Far from you... Far from us." I looked at him directly in the eyes. 

"Lucy?" I heard Natsu whined, as he stand up. "First, Zeref..."

"I took her somewhere safe, don't worry."

"Is she OK?!" Natsu staggered towards me. 

"Natsu... just finish this fight." I pointed at Zeref. "Kill him..."

I'm sorry Lucy, you shouldn't have trusted me so much...

Natsu turned to Zeref with piercing eyes. With burning fist, he charged at him. 

"This is for what you did to Lucy." 

Zeref was sent across the room by the punch Natsu delivered. 

"Hah... I can't move." 

"I'm leaving this to you first..."

-Lucy's POV-

"Lucy!" I felt a hand tap my cheek. "Gray! Lucy's here!" I sat up feeling immense pain all over my body.

"Lucy! Where's Natsu?!"

"Gray? Happy?"

"What happened?"

I heard a cough from behind us.

"Natsu!!!" Happy cheered. 

Frozen on my spot I didn't turn.

Does this mean... Zeref, lost?

"Lucy?" Natsu gave a weak grin. "Are you OK?"

"So... You defeated Zeref?" I looked on the ground biting my lower lip.

"Haha yeah... I left him with First so they could talk though.." His laugh was so weak. It was obvious he's tired... But... I just can't care for him that much... 

"They're still in the guild?"

"Well what remained of it... " He gave a smirk. 

We all made our way to the middle of the battle field... but i stopped in the middle. I turned and sighed.