Katsuki X Reader: I couldn't do it

A/n: okay so this is based on the kidnapping arc, you were childhood friends, along with Izuku, and you have a quirk called Nightmares, that if you use for to long gives you nightmares. Enjoy~!

It was dark.

You watched, as Katsuki got sucked into the portal, along with some villains. You fell on your knees in utter shock, but you couldn't make a sound.

Then it went black. You got up off the ground and looked up. Izuku and Iida were about to accelerate you to grab Katsuki. They shot in the air, you reach out for his hand.

The one with a decaying quirk gets to him first. You hear him scream in pain, and see his boy start to disappear. 

The two boys that helped you, screamed in shock and fear and... sadness. All three of you fell to the ground and looked up at Katsuki's form disappear. You fell to your knees, tears rolling down your face, but you couldn't make a sound. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up, screaming and crying and shuddering violently. This was a common thing around the UA dorms. People always had nightmares, but none worse than you. You heard a light knock on the door. 

"N/N, What's wrong?" It's Izuku, you're happy that he's there, but that's not the one you wanted to see. He opens the door to see her trembling figure, barely visible in the dark room. "Was it another nightmare?" He asks in a soft voice, but you don't answer. You shoot out of the room, and all the way to the boys' side of the dorms. Izuku follows you to make sure you're okay. 

You go to Katsuki's dorm room, and knock. You hear some shuffling, before the door opens revealing a very tired Katsuki. 

"What the fuck-?" Before you he can finish what he's saying, you hug him, sobbing into his chest.

"I-I-I couldn't do it Katsuki *hiccup* I-I-I couldn't get you b-b-before hi-hi-him. I-I-I couldn't s-s-save y-you." You blubber out, but the only thing he manages to get out of your mindless blubbering is "I couldn't save you." He hugs you back, securing you close to his body. 

"What's going on over here, it's way too late, you have school in the morni-" Aizawa starts to scold, before seeing your trembling form, hugging Katsuki. Aizawa sighs. He looks at Katsuki to talk for you. "Was it another nightmare?" He asks in a quiet tone. Katsuki shrugs. 

"I heard a scream, footsteps, knocking, then she fucking hugged me, so I'm going to assume yes." He says dryly.

"She never screams." Aizawa murmurs, taking a step closer to both of you. He puts his hand on your forehead, then again on your cheek. "She has a fever, so the nightmares were most likely worse because of that." He says, his voice slightly worried. "Has she told you any hints to what her dream might've been, from her babbling?" He asks.

"The only thing I can make out is "I couldn't save you." so it's probably some horrible turn of how she helped me from the kidnapping." Katsuki says, he notices that you stopped trembling, and that your breathing was back to normal. He looks down and your just hugging him. When you notice him looking, you actually form a sentence.

"I couldn't save you, he got to you before me and Izuku and Iida, and he killed you, he touched your back, and you started to just disappear. I couldn't do anything, you- you-you." You started breathing raggedly again.

"Hey hey hey, I'm alive, the decaying bitch didn't get to me before you, I'm alright I'm fine, you're fucking hugging me now Y/N. You did do it." He says, rubbing the small of your back. "Go back to bed Y/N, your sick." He says. You look up and meet his gaze, for the first time in a forever, (Don't you dare) he looked genuinely worried. 

"I don't wanna be left a-alone." You mumble, a little embarrassed. He looks at Aizawa, as if they were exchanging ideas through only their eyes. 

"Fine. You can stay over at her dorm, but only until she feels better." Aizawa says as he waves at them to go to bed. You two go to your dorm, and you sleep peacefully, with your best friend by your side.