Iida X Poet!Reader: Pretty Ugly

A/n: not what you think. Enjoy~!

His friends forced him to come. He wanted to be at home, training or studying, or even just relaxing or sleeping. He wanted to be productive this weekend, but his friends forced him to show up at a weekend poet show at a cafe near Midoriya's. He was slightly annoyed, he didn't like teenage angst poems, he liked actual good literature.

"Come'on Iida! Don't be such a Debby-Downer!" Uraraka cheers. He just sighs, leaning back and crossing his arms. He had listened to a few already, most of them exactly what he had expected.

That's until this girl showed up, around the same age as him, sparkling e/c eyes, beautiful h/l h/c hair. She had a f/c beanie, with a matching r/c jacket, and black skinny jeans, she had a necklace that had a dreamcatcher.

"Midoriya, who is that?" He asks.

"I don't know her name, she comes here often though, she's very quiet, and usually keeps to herself." He answers.

She had a ghost of a smile, but other wise, emotionless face. She scanned the crowd locking eyes with Iida, and smiling.

"I'm reading a poem called "Pretty Ugly"." She said, thinking it was a joke most chuckles, Iida just kept a face of awe mixed with curiosity. When they projected your poem, the word Pretty was upside down.

"I'm very ugly
So don't try to convince me that
I am a very beautiful person
Because at the end of the day
I hate myself in every single way
And I'm not gonna lie to myself by saying
There is beauty inside of me that matters
So rest assured I will remind myself
That I am a worthless, terrible person
And nothing you say will make me believe
I still deserve love
Because no matter what
I am not good enough to be loved
And I am in no position to believe that
Beauty does exist with in me
Because whenever I look in the mirror I always think
Am I as ugly as people say?" She took a pause and looked at the crowd.

Iida was completely entranced by her poem, hanging on to each and every word, he even got out of his grumpy position, to focus better.

"Am I as ugly as people say?
Because whenever I look in the mirror I always think
Beauty does exist with in me
And I am in no position to believe that
I am not good enough to be loved
Because no matter what
I still deserve love
And nothing you say will make me believe
That I am a worthless, terrible person
So rest assured I will remind myself
There is beauty inside of me that matters
And I'm not going to lie to myself by saying
I hate myself in every single say
Because at the end of the day
I am a very beautiful person
So don't try to convince me that
I am very ugly." She finishes, looking over with a soft smile.

The small cafe erupts with cheers, she smiles wider, Iida was left in awe, at first he thought she was like every other teen poet, writing about angst and useless things. But she wrote something.... beautiful to him.

"Iida~ you are totally into her!" Uraraka whisper-shouts, Midoriya gets up for more tea. Iida blushes lightly, and catches the girl looking at him, she gives him a closed eyed smile and continues walking.

Midoriya gets back to their table, sliding Iida a napkin, with words written on it.

Call me! xxx-xxxx-xxxx! Is what was written on the napkin.

"Her exact wording was, 'Hey, you're friends with the cute guy with glasses? Give him this.'" Midoriya teases. Iida takes the napkin, smiles lightly, and puts the napkin in his pocket.