Alpha!Spain x Omega!Romano-I'll Be There For You

(A/n):I don't usually include warnings in my chapters (because the titles are pretty obvious give aways) but this one is a little sad. It's about miscarriage but there is a happy ending.

Romano-Lovino Vargas
Spain-Antonio Fernández Carriedo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spain's P.O.V.
Lovino and I are sitting in the car in silence, it's to painful to talk right now. Lovino's hand is over his stomach but his eyes are empty, yet somehow they still look angry. I know why his hand is on his stomach, because our baby is there, or was.

We are driving home from the hospital now, after Lovino started to bleed we panicked and drove straight there. Lovino is my mate and has been for about four years, it took a lot of convincing and work but he agreed and confessed he loved me. We were going to have a baby, Lovino was pregnant but a few minutes ago we found out he miscarried. There's nothing we could have done, its just one of those tragic things that happen.

I feel heartbroken over our lost child but I don't blame Lovino, I want to comfort him, take care of him and make sure he is ok. Yet I can't find the words to say, it's to quiet and tense. I feel like it's the calm before the storm.

Romano's P.O.V.
I look out the window trying not to focus on what I just heard in the doctors office. It's all my fault, I was the one who's body couldn't keep out child alive, maybe I ate to much or to little, maybe I didn't sleep enough, maybe I wasn't careful enough but either way it's my fault. I was barley showing but soon my bump will be complete gone as our child gets absorbed back into my body as it was so small.

I don't know what to do, Antonio will probably abandon me as I'm a failed omega now, I can't even carry a baby to term. I don't know where I will go, maybe a shelter for omegas, maybe I'll go stay with my brother but I don't want to leave Antonio.

We arrive at our house and I walk quickly up to the door, just wanting to rest for a bit. I open the door and Antonio is close behind me, trying to keep up with my fast steps.

"Lovino, shouldn't we talk about what happened?" He asks

"We know what happened, my body failed to carry a baby and now it's gone." I say looking away "I'm a failed omega now, that's what someone will call me if they find out. That's all that needs to be said. I'm sorry."

When I finish what I had to say I walk to the bathroom to wash the smell of distress and tension off of myself. I take my clothes off and looking in the mirror at my bump.

"I'm sorry I failed you." I whisper to it, placing my hands over it

Despite being a little angry and rude all the time, I really wanted this child. Proof of Antonio and I's love. A little child that we can raise. And now I've gone and ruined it, just like I ruin everything. What would nonno think of me now? Just some pitiful omega who killed his own child.

(Italian:Nonno-Grandpa)

With these negative thoughts I step into the shower, hoping to mask my distressed and pained scent from Antonio. I should apologise to him again for what I've done.

I feel myself crying but due to the hot water I can't feel my tears. Slowly I slide down to the floor in a fit of self hatred, frustration and sadness over my lost child. I shouldn't have gotten attached so quickly but I did. I step out of the shower and dry myself off. I get dressed in a warm hoodie and a pair of grey sweat pants, crawling into bed to sleep.

As I'm drifting off Antonio walks into the room and crouches down to look at my face while I'm lying down on the bed.

"Are you ok?" He asks

I stay quiet and avert my eyes from his beautiful green ones. My omega is screaming for me to seek comfort in him, my alpha who I've mated with, but another part of me is telling me to stay away from him because of what I did, if he openly rejects me then out bond could be shattered and I'll be alone.

"Lovi, you can talk to me." He whispers "I can't imagine what you must be going though but I don't want you to do it alone. We're mates."

"I'm fine, just tired." I grumble

"I can smell your distressed scent from a mile away, you can come talk time." He says and places a hand on my hair

I force back tears from hearing him comforting me. He crawls into bed in front of me and we lay face to dace, he peppers kisses over my face and shoulders. With each kiss I feel guiltier and and guiltier. Why is he being so nice? I just killed his child.

"Dammit bastardo, why can't you just say you hate me?!" I yell

(Italian:Bastardo-Bastard)

"Lovi?" He asks confused

I sit up and try to wipe my tears as they fall.

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry I killed our child." I say "I'm sorry my body couldn't carry a child, I'm sorry I failed my job as your omega, that I'm a failed omega. This is all my fault and it would probably be for the best if you find another mate, one who can have children."

"What are you saying?!" Antonio yells sitting up, I flinch back in shock "That's what you've been thinking? Lovi none of this is your fault. You didn't do this, it just happened. It was an accident."

He rests his forehead against my neck where my scenting gland is and kisses it softly.

"I love you Lovi, you're not a failed omega." He whispers, I feel hot tears on my shoulder "Your purpose isn't just to have children, no matter what bullshit society tells you."

He kisses my tears and I softly grab his hands and place them on my bump.

"Can't you feel this bump? It was a child, it was our child." I whisper "And I killed it."

"You didn't kill it Lovi, please don't think for a second I blame you." Antonio whispers "It's harder for male omegas to be pregnant, we'll have children one day."

I hug him tightly, pressing my lips to his in a passionate kiss.

"Ti amo." I whisper into the crook of his neck

(Italian:Ti amo-I love you)

His arms wrap around me and presses kisses all over my body.

"Yo también te amo." He whispers back

(Spanish:Yo también te amo-I love you too)

We lay back down on the bed and he kisses my again, then scents me to make me feel calmer.

"Please don't say things like that again, there's nothing either of us could have done." Antonio says "You'll be a great father one day."

I smile softly and wipe my tears, feeling relived my alpha doesn't hate me or with to reject me. I feel much calmer wth his scent on me and with Antonio's strong arms around me I feel safe. I still feel horrible about our lost child but one day we will have a child together, one that makes it, one that we can love unconditionally.