Australia x Fem!Reader-Exchange Student

(A/n): Requested by Chip_is_hip hope you like it :)

Australia-Jett Kirkland
England-Arthur Kirkland

(Y/n)-Your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.
I sit down at my desk reading though my text book as more and more students filter into class. Suddenly there is an announcement over the schools loudspeaker.

"(Y/n) (L/n) to the front office." The loudspeaker states

I feel butterflies in my stomach and I nervously stand up. Now everyone's eyes are on me. I walk out of the classroom and to the office, wondering what they want with me. Am I in trouble? But I haven't done anything.

I open the office door and walk inside, the first thing I notice is the principal talking to a boy about my age. I haven't seen him before. The boy turns to look at me and my heart skips a beat. Wow he's really attractive.

He has short brown hair, a bandage over his nose and the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen. He looks a lot like Arthur who's in my class, he has the same large eyebrows as the Kirkland's. I wonder if he's their brother.

"Oh hello (Y/n)." The principal says "This is Jett Kirkland, he's an exchange student from Australia."

Well that answers that question.

"It's nice to meet you." I say

"(Y/n), I would like you to show Jett around the school." The principal states "You're one of our best students so I feel you can handle it."

"Sure." I reply

"Well then, I'll talk to you later Jett." He says and walks back to his office

"Hey Sheila, so you're going to show me around the school?" Jett asks

"Yeah I guess, well let's go." I answer and walk out of the office with him close behind me

I show him all the basics like where the classrooms are, where the toilets are, where the canteen is and finally the library.

"Make sure you don't try to pick fights." I explain "You could probably be knocked out."

"I wouldn't try to pick a fight." He chuckles "Hey, do you know Arthur Kirkland?"

"Yeah he's in my class, we're pretty good friends." I reply "Why?"

"He's my older brother, we have more brothers but I think they all graduated." Jett explains "I haven't really spoken to this since I moved back home."

"Yeah Dylan graduated last year." I state

We walk past one of the more popular groups at school and they all glare at me but stop when they see Jett. A few of the girls walk up and plaster in fake smiles.

"Hey (Y/n), who's this?" They ask

"Jett." I reply and begun to walk off

Jett quickly follows after me and I hear the girls whispering and mumbling. Not that I care to much.

*Time skip to a week later*

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.
It's been a week since I met Jett and he hasn't left me alone, he is always hanging around me. It's not that I don't like him but I'm worried he'll realise how boring I am and he won't like me any more.

I'm sitting in class talking with Arthur when Jett comes in. He isn't in my class but he is in my year level. Jett stands next to me as Arthur and I continue to talk.

"Hey Jett, what's up?" I ask

"Just bored, you're more interesting than my school work." Jett says

Arthur raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything. They get along pretty well which is good because Arthur doesn't get along with his other brothers. I'm just glad they are happy.

"Hey Jett!" Another voice yells

Oh great, it's Portia and her girls.

"Hey Portia, how are you?" Jett asks

Damn Jett doesn't understand how nice he is. I wish he could understand that they're not nice people. I don't know if it's an Australian thing to be really nice or if it's just him but it's not exactly something you can ask.

"Why don't you come hang out with Jett?" Portia asks

"Well I'm hanging out with (Y/n) and Arthur so I can't, sorry Sheila." Jett apologies

"Just ditch them and come with us! We're more interesting anyway." One of Portias friends says

"Yeah, (Y/n) is just ugly and Arthur is weird." Another says

Jett's demeanour suddenly changes and he glares at them.

"Don't talk about my brother and friend like that." Jett growls

"Whatever." Portia says and turns around, flipping her hair off her shoulder

After they leave Jett grabs my hand softly and pulls me into the hallway, leaning Arthur behind but he doesn't took to upset.

"Sheila I have a confession to make." He says "I don't think of you as a friend."

"W-What?" I ask feeling pain inside

"No I mean I think of you as more than a friend." He says quickly covering himself up

"R-Really? I like you as well." I say jumping into his arms

We press our lips against one another and I feel happier than I ever have been. I'm so glad that Jett is here on exchange, when he goes back hopefully we'll be able to keep a long distance relationship going, or he'll make the choice to stay, either way I feel confident in our relationship.