One

-March 8th

"Luke and Ashton, Daniel and Zach, Jonah and Emily, and Alexa and Corbyn." The teacher finished calling out partners and I looked at him in shock. Me and Corbyn, yeah, that wasn't going to work. "You may move seats and get with your partner before I explain the project."

Everyone stood up and started to move seats. I got up and walked up to Mr. Bowen's desk. "Mr. Bowen, could I change partners?" I asked.

"Why would you want to do that?"

"Well, I don't want to do the project by myself. When Corbyn does talk to someone, It's Jack and in a hushed whisper. He's not going to talk to me for a project."

"You'll be fine, now go, go."

I sighed and turned around. I walked back towards Corbyn's desk, not really in a hurry. His usual table partner, Bailey, who just so happened to be one of my best friends, had moved to a different table with her partner.

I moved the chair from beside him to in front of him so that I was facing Corbyn. "Hi," I said, sitting down. He didn't even budge. "So, where do you want to work on the project?" I asked, not expecting an answer.

"Don't worry, I'll do it by myself so you have to see as little of me as possible."

I looked at him in shock. Did Corbyn Besson just talk to someone other than Jack? "N-no," I stuttered. "I need to work on this, I don't understand the topic right now and this project will help with that."

"Okay, then you do it all then."

My jaw dropped. "No, I'm not doing this all alone, you're helping me," I stated. I took a quick glance around the room. How was nobody noticing that THE Corbyn Besson was talking to me.

"Okay, for fucks sake, fine."

I smiled, happy with my win. "Great, so who's house are we going to work at? Yours or mine?"

"How about neither."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Are you free after school?" he asked.

I ran a quick check through my mind, coming up with nothing. "Yeah, I'm free today."

"Great, meet me at my car after school." And with that the bell rang and he walked out the door.

-

"I can't believe you got partnered with Corbyn," Bailey said, sitting down at her usual spot beside me.

"You what?" Megan asked, clearly shocked. "When?"

"It was just third period," I said.

"So, what happened? I need details," she urged.

"Chill Megs, you're not putting this in the newspaper," I said.

Megan and Bailey were my best friends. Megan was head of the school newspaper. She loved writing and gathering information and things like that, and she wanted to be a journalist.

Bailey, on the other hand, was the assistant captain of the cheer team. She loves gymnastics and cheer, she even has a scholarship to collage because of it.

Then you have me. I try in school and make good grades, most of the time. I don't play any sports, nor do I participate in anything that could keep me in school longer than eight hours a day. I'm just, me.

"I know, but this is record breaking. Did he talk to you?" Megan asked.

"Yeah, did he?" Megan joined. "I mean, it would be kind of hard to work on a project if he doesn't talk."

"Actually, he did," I said.

The two girls in front of me stared back in shock. "What did he sound like?" they asked in sync.

Did I mention that they're identical twins? Yeah, they have that really weird twin telepathy thing and it gets very creepy very quickly.

"He has a deep voice, a little scratchy. Definitely didn't expect that from him."

"Wow, so you're not making all this up?" Bailey asked.

"Pinky promise," I said, holding out both my pinkies. They each wrapped one of theirs around mine then connected their two. "Yup, she isn't lying."

"Hey guys," Brent said, sitting down next to Megan. He grabbed her hand and pecked her lips.

"Get a room," I scoffed. They both rolled their eyes and we all laughed.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

The dates at the top are just for referencing, so that you guys can know how much time has passed between each chapter, or if any has passed.