Fifty-Four

October 9th

“I know you’ve been ignoring me,” I said into the phone. “I don’t know why or what to do to fix it, but please come over so we can talk.” I pressed the end button and laid my phone down on my desk.

I had been trying to get a hold of Corbyn for days, but every time I got sent to voice mail.

I ran my hands across my head and sighed, sitting down in my chair.

“You were all out of chocolate so I just made you a sundae instead,” Megan said, walking into my room.

I quickly lifted my hands and grabbed the bowl. “Thank you. I guess I need to make a trip to the store.”

“I’ll just text bailey and tell her to stop on her way here.” Megan said, pulling her phone out of her back pocket.

“No, don’t. It’s fine, really. Marie asked me to go drop off some flowers and paperwork at the hospital for Dylan anyway.”

“Lex do you really want to go and see him after... that.”

“It’s fine, it will take three seconds to do and then we leave.”

“I’ll run in for you.”

“Megan, I can do it.”

“Okay, well I am still going to get you out of the house for longer than a quick trip to the hospital.”

“I’m home!” Bailey yelled from downstairs, followed by the sound of her running up the steps. “So, what’s the plan for today?”

“Well, we have to make a quick stop at the hospital, then me and you are taking our best friend out shopping, our treat,” Megan said.

“No, I can pay for my own things.”

“Well, you’re not going to,” Bailey said, grabbing both of my hands and pulling me out of my seat. “Now let’s go.”

“Okay, just let me grab my things, I’ll meet you downstairs.”

“Hurry up, we have a long- and fun- day ahead.”

The girls ran down stairs and I walked over to my window, locking it. I looked up and locked eyes with Corbyn, but I just turned away and closed my curtains. I grabbed my cell phone and my bag before running downstairs. “Wait for me!”

-

“Alexa, hey,” Dylan said as I walked into the room. “I’ve been trying to get a hold of you.”

“I know.” I placed the flowers on the table in his room. “Those are from Mariee and Ollie.”

“Thank you for bringing them.”

“Yeah.” I turned around and started to leave.

“Please give me a second chance.”

“A what?”

“I know, I fucked up, but you and I were meant to be.”

“Who gave you the right to decide who I am ‘meant to be’ with? Because they need a reality check.”

“Please. I love you. I love you so much and I haven’t ever gone through this type of pain before.”

“Well then I guess it’s a good life lesson then, huh.”

“What do I have to do for you to take me back?”

“Nothing, because it’s not going to work. I thought I loved you, Dylan, I really did. But after all the shit you have put me through, hell no. I’m not doing that again.”

“Alexa, please.”

The fucker doesn’t even deserve a goodbye, I thought. So, with that I turned around and walked out of the room.

-

“Bye girls. Thank you for today, I really needed it.”

“Hey, that’s what Began is for.”

“What?” Me and Bailey said at the same time.

“Began. You know, Bailey, Megan, put them together and you get Began.”

“Just stick to calling yourselves the twins,” I laughed before stepping out of the car.

Megan’s car pulled away and
I unlocked my front door.

I shut it behind me and walked into the living room, seeing a face I really wasn’t in the mood for right now.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

You know what? Its been forever since i updated and the waves are still fucking slanted. What is this bull shit?