Four

-March 9th

He pulled into a parking spot and stopped the car. Corbyn pulled out a blanket from the back seat and we both walked down to the sand.

It was a little windy, so I thanked myself for putting on the jacket. I looked over at Corbyn and noticed he was wearing a gray hoodie instead of his usual black one.

He laid the blanket out on the sand for us to sit on.

-

I was writing down some notes when I got distracted by a piece of blonde hair falling out of Corbyn's hood. It had never done that before, so it caught me off guard. I also noticed that he had a scar on the side his face, on the bridge of his cheek. It was a single line that ran almost all the way down it, from what I could see. You could also see his lips, chin, and nose better the way the light was hitting him, but the rest of his face still had a dark shadow over it.

I looked back down at the notes and continued writing what I could remember. Neither of us had been really paying attention, instead we were both lost in our thoughts.

I reached into my backpack and pulled out my sketch book. This thing had been with me for the past few months, after my other one got filled up. I loved drawing people, portraits. I started to outline what I thought was the shape of Corbyn's head, then his lips, nose, and cheeks. The wind started to pick up and I noticed Corbyn moving. I looked up and saw that he was struggling to keep his hood up.

"Corbyn?" I asked, closing my sketch book. "Has Jack ever seen you without his hood on?"

"No."

"Has anybody?"

"Only three people. My dad, sister, and my brother."

"It must be really important to you, then. I mean nobody knows what you look like and you've been here for nearly three years. Are you a superhero or something? Oh, are you famous?"

He let out a small chuckle. "It's important, but I can assure you that I am neither a superhero or famous." A small smile formed on his lips and I smiled. "You know, I've never had an actual conversation with anyone except my brother and Jack since we moved here."

"Well, you've never really tried to have an actual conversation with anybody else," I pointed out.

"Touche."

Suddenly, a gust of wind blew towards us. I knew what was going to happen, so I closed my eyes and turned my head the opposite direction; but not before noticing the piercing blue-green eyes that were facing my direction.

"You're good," Corbyn said after a few seconds. "You just had the perfect opportunity to see what I looked like, and you didn't take it?"

"You may not be a superhero, but you said it was important to you. I respect that, and if you don't want to show me, then you don't have to."

Corbyn smiled looked at me. "You're different, Alexa."

"I know." I looked down at my phone and noticed that it was 7:30 p.m. "We should get going, I told my dad I would be back by eight."

"Okay." Corbyn stood up and held his hand out for me.

I grabbed it and he lifted me up, which surprised me considering I didn't expect him to be that strong. I took a second to acknowledge out height difference. He was at least 6 feet tall while I was barely 5'8". I bent down and grabbed the blanket and shook off most of the sand. I helped him fold it and we both got back into his car.

"How did you get my number?" I asked once we started going down the road.

"Jack got it from Bailey for me."

"You couldn't have asked her yourself?"

"No, because you are one of the only people I'm comfortable talking to."

"Okay, then why couldn't you have just asked me?"

"Because you were mad at me."

"And still am," I added. "You left me in the fucking woods."

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"How about I just don't go into the woods with you anymore," I suggested.

"That works too."

Corbyn pulled into his driveway and parked his car in the garage. We both got out and said our good byes and I walked over to my house. I opened the door and was instantly greeted by Cooper. I heard dad in the kitchen so I went in there to tell him I was home.

"Hey sweetie, I just finished fixing quesadillas. Do you want one?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure." I sat down at the table and fixed my food. "Don't you usually eat earlier than this?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I got called in. I had to go down and fill out some paper work and I only got home about thirty minutes ago."

"Oh."

"So, how is the project coming along?" he asked.

"Good. We still have to figure out an experiment that we can do but other than that we just have to put everything into the PowerPoint and we're done."

"Well that's good. Megan came by and dropped off some clothes that you left at her house earlier. I laid them out on your bed."

"Okay, thanks dad." I got up and put my plate in the sink and went up to my room. I put the clothes in my closet and went over to my desk and pulled my sketchbook out. I started working on shading Corbyn's face; or what I thought he looked like.

After a while I finished and looked at it. It obviously wasn't that accurate, but it was probably my favorite drawing I've ever made.

I flipped through some of the other pages, looking at old drawings of my friends, family, and celebrities. There were a few of just random people, people that didn't exist. Those were my favorites. You could give them a name and a story, and they become a real person.

I sighed looking at my clock. It was 12:30 in the morning and I had school tomorrow. I closed my sketch book and set my alarm on my alarm clock. I crawled into bed, not bothering to change out of my clothes, and drifted off to sleep.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Hi I almost forgot to post today because I voulenteered today and I wasn't supposed to get off until 7 but someone canceled their lesson since it was storming. So yeah I left at 3 but that's when I usually post so I was just worried about getting there on time

• Alexa ↠ Corbyn Besson
• Chasing You ↠ Jonah Marais
• The Note ↠ Daniel Seavey
• Short Stories ↠ whydontweemma