Five

-March 13th

"Can I please have your muffin?" Brent asked for the hundredth time.

"No, I'm going to eat it," I said, moving it further away from him.

"Please, Alexa. I'm hungry and forgot to pack my lunch this morning."

"Then go buy something," I reasoned.

"One, I don't have any money. Two, this is school food. Not even the pizza is good, and they buy that precooked."

"Fine," I huffed. I tore my muffin in half and licked part of it before handing it to Brent.

He shrugged and took a bite. "Thanks Lex."

"You're gross bro," I laughed, shaking my head.

"Update me, now," Bailey said. She sat down in her usual spot beside me. Me, Megan, and Brent all gave her weird looks.

"What?" Megan asked.

"I've not been here for two days, something is bound to have happened."

"Oh yeah, you were at a cheer comp. I knew it was quieter around here," Brent joked.

Bailey picked up a fry and threw it at him, only to catch it in his mouth. "Come on, something has had to have come up."

"Well, Alexa and her lover have been texting non-stop," Megan said, smirking at me.

"Lover?" I asked. Megan gave me a look before realization struck me. "For the last time, we are not dating. He's literally my science partner."

"Who, Corbyn?" Bailey said, stuffing her face with food.

"Yes," Megan answered. "Literally, they were texting right before you came over here."

"Were not, I haven't texted anybody all day. Besides, how would you know that I was texting Corbyn out of all people?"

Megan just shrugged and took a drink of her water.

"Well, I'm going to go pick up any assignments I missed while I was gone," Bailey said. She stood up and grabbed her lunch box.

"I'll go with," Megan said, joining her side. They both left the cafeteria, leaving me and Brent at the table.

He picked up his stuff and moved over to the seat in front of me. "Hey Alexa."

I rolled my eyes and handed him the other half of my muffin before standing up and walking out.

-

I unlocked the door and stepped into the house. Cooper came running around the corner, greeting me. "Hey buddy," I said, picking him up. He was still a puppy, so I could still lift him. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note sitting on the counter.

Went out with some friends, be back later tonight. Order pizza for dinner. - Love, dad

I set the note down and went upstairs to my room. I set Cooper down on his bed and laid down on mine. I unlocked my phone and messaged the girls.

Alexa:
- Do y'all want to come over tonight? Dad is out and I'm lonely

Megan:
- Can't, I have to stay home and study, mom and dad are making me

Bailey:
- Same, they're making us both

Alexa:
- Darn, okay. I'll see you guys tomorrow

Bailey:
- Okay

Megan:
- Okay

----

Alexa:
- Hey Brent

Brent:
- hey

Alexa:
- Are you busy?

Brent:
- No, why?

Alexa:
- bc I'm home alone and bored and Megs and Bails can't come over

Brent:
- Yeah, I'm omw

Alexa:
- Okay, I'll go ahead and order pizza so it will be close when you get here.

-

After watching all three Highschool Musical movies, and eating almost two boxes of pizza, it's safe to say that me and Brent were about to pass out. I texted dad and told him that Brent was staying over, which he was fine with. Brent was the only boy that my dad would let around me.

I walked into my room and opened up my closet. I pulled out my air mattress and pulled it out for Brent to sleep on. While it was blowing up we both just sat on my bed.

"Hey Alexa, can we talk?"

"About?"

"Corbyn."

"Oh God, did one of the twins put you up to this? I should have known. You know you dont have to do everything they say right?" I rambled on.

"No, they didnt. I was just curious. Do you like him?"

"Dude, we've talked on like, five occasions, all for this dumb project."

"Well, I know but-"

"There are no buts, Brent. It's just that, he's my science partner."

"Okay." He mumbled something under his breath but I wasnt able to catch it. I walked over to the closet and pulled out an extra blanket and some pillows for Brent to sleep on. I chucked the pillow at his face and laughed.

"Oh, it's on."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

I'm pretty sure that Mondays and Tuesdays I will be posting late because I voulenteer both days from 3-7 so yeah