Twenty-Seven

June 25th

I grabbed my apron off the back of the door and wrapped it around my waist. Jack started working here a few days ago and he was surprised to find out that I worked here too. Him and Dylan had making deliveries the past few days and he was going solo today, so Dylan was helping me and Sara in the kitchen.

"Good morning," Dylan said, kissing my head."

"Good morning," I replied, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Sara is working the register right now, Marie and Ollie had to go to a meeting but they'll be back before lunch rush."

"Okay," I mumbled into his chest.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just tired."

"Well, wake up because we have orders to fill. You can sleep in a few minutes when it gets slow, okay?"

I nodded and walked over to the oven and put the first pizza in while Dylan started working on the next one.
-

"Hey Alexa, can you go take this out to table number six?" Dylan asked, nodding towards the pizza sitting on the counter.

"Yeah, no problem." I grabbed the pizza and walked out to table six. "A large peperoni pizza with onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and olives?" I asked, double checking the order.

"Yes," the woman said, smiling.

I returned the smile and set the pizza down on their table. I felt the woman's eyes stay on me while I asked them if they needed anything else.

"Can I please get a refill?" one of the guys asked.

"Of course, what did you have?"

"Dr. Pepper."

"Okay, coming right out."

I walked back into the kitchen and grabbed a cup, filling it with ice and then Dr. Pepper. I took the glass out and walked back into the kitchen, nearly knocking Dylan over.

"Woah, slow down there babe. Are you sure that you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Lexa, you don't look okay."

"I'm fine, Dylan. Really." I put my hand down on the table to catch my balance and Dylan wrapped his arm around me.

"You are not fine. Here." Dylan grabbed a crate and moved it so I could sit down. I sat and rested my head against my arm.

"It's just, that woman. She creeped me out. I feel like I've seen her before but I've never met her. And she wouldn't stop staring at me. I don't know, she just creeped me out."

"I think you need to go home," Dylan said, helping me stand up. "Just go back home and rest then come back tomorrow and see how you feel. You've been off all day like something is bothering you."

"No, I can stay. You guys need me to help anyways. I'm fine now, I promise."

"Alexa, I'm going to take you home in as soon as this pizza is done. Look, Marie and Ollie are back, and Jack will be back in a few minutes. I can leave and come right back here, it will be fine."

"I can drive myself," I said, slowly standing up.

"You can barely walk. I'm not letting you drive home by yourself. Now, come on, let's go."

I grabbed Dylan’s arm and we walked outside to my car. I got into the passenger seat and rested my head against the window.

-

"Hey, I'll be back once I get off and I'll stay with you tonight, okay?" Dylan said, walking beside my bed.

"Okay."

"Love you, bye." He kissed my lips before walking back downstairs. I heard the door shut and lock behind him before hearing his car drive away.

I grabbed a bottle of water that was sitting on my night stand and took a drink before laying down in bed and covering myself up with a blanket and going to sleep.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Merry Christmas, you get an upload

~the waves are still slanted~