Eighteen

May 28th

I woke up and rolled over, immediately seeing the once crumbled up sticky note. I sighed and sat up, turning off my alarm. I got out of bed and walked over to my closet, pulling out a yellow crop top and a pair of jean shorts. I quickly changed before throwing my hair up into a pony tail and sliding on my vans.
I grabbed the note from last night and stuck it into my back pocket, along with the previous ones.

"Good morning," dad said as I walked down stairs. "I made breakfast, unless you're busy."

"No, no I can stay and eat." I slid the chair back and sat down at the table. I guess talking to Corbyn would have to wait.

"So, I was thinking about bringing Roxy home so she can stay here."

"Coop could use some company when I'm not here." I smiled down at the corgi, who was sitting patiently beside my foot waiting for me to drop something. I tore a piece of bacon off and gave it to him. "But who will watch her when neither of us are home?"

"Well, Alexa, we have a fenced in backyard. I was thinking about just setting her up a little dog house and stuff in the back and she can stay out when neither of us are here. And if it is too hot or cold, we can put her in a crate until she is fully trained. She may be a fast learner, but she is still a puppy."

"I guess that could work. I mean as long as you're sure she'll stay in the fence."

"She'll be fine. Besides, Roxy is a lot more threating that Cooper is, it makes me feel better when I have to leave you alone and I don't have to take Rox with me."

We spent the rest of breakfast in silence, but I made sure to thank him before I left.

I opened the door and stepped out onto the porch. Corbyn's car was parked in the driveway, along with another person's. I walked over and knocked on the door.

A small blonde girl opened the door slowly. "Can I help you?"

"Hi, I'm your neighbor. I needed to talk to Corbyn."

"Um, he's not here right now. He went out with Jack somewhere. He should be back later though, is there a message I need to give him?" She looked around, like she was looking for someone.

"No, just tell him that Alexa needs to talk to him. Thanks."

Without another word the girl shut the door in my face. I turned around on my heels and walked back over to my house.

-

"I'm telling you, Brent. This shit is creepy as fuck."

Brent was laying on my bed playing a game on his phone while I ranted about all my problems. Megan and Bailey still don't know about the notes. Me and Brent both know that they would worry way too much if they found out.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, yeah I agree."

"There wasn't anything to agree to genius." I snatched his phone out of his hands and put it into my back pocket. "No more phone."

"Alright, that's just not fair."

"Life isn't fair."