Two

-March 8th

The final bell rang and everyone ran out of the class room. I stood up out of my seat and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I walked through the door and back to my locker. I grabbed my text book out and placed it into my backpack.

"Hey," Bailey said, walking up to me. "You down for pizza?" she asked. "Me, Megs, and Brent are all heading to the mall."

"I would, but I have to work on the project with Corbyn."

"Okay, well, good luck with that." She started walking backwards. "Text me pickles if you're in any danger."

"Yes dad," I commented.

She rolled her eyes before turning back around and walking out the doors. I walked out and saw Corbyn standing beside his car.

"You ready?" he asked, keeping his head down.

"Yeah." He unlocked his car doors and I got into the passenger seat. He started the car before driving out of the parking lot and away from the school.

-

"Where are we?" I asked, looking around. All that I could see was trees on both sides. "You're not going to murder me, are you?" Yeah, because a murderer is just going to be like, "haha, oh yeah. Do you prefer a knife or gun." Way to go, dumbass.

Corbyn seemed to shake his head and his body jumped a little. Maybe a laugh. "No, we're just going somewhere to study," he said. He pulled off onto the side of the road. He cut the engine off and got out.

I followed him down a small trail. "What's your favorite color?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Black," he said. I mean, all he ever wore was black hoodies.

"That's a shade," I said. "I said color."

"Green," he said, after another minute of silence. I was honestly surprised he answered, since he was quiet for so long.

"Why?" Okay, maybe I was poking too much, but I was curious.

He shrugged before looking back down at the trail. I hadn't noticed it before but you could see his chin just barely poking out of the hood. I don't know how he kept his face hidden so well, I mean, it was only a hood.

"Well, mine's yellow," I said. "It reminds me of the sunset."

We spent the rest of the time walking in a complete silence. I was surprised when he put his arm out to stop me from walking. I looked up and saw the creek flowing downstream. There were a bunch of flowers and trees and a spot cleared out that was just a giant patch of grass. If unicorns exist, this is most likely to be the place they live.

"Wow," I said after a minute. "It's gorgeous."

Corbyn nodded his head and sat down on a fallen tree log. I followed him and sat down beside him, accidently brushing his side. He flinched and scooted away.

"Oh, sorry," I apologized, scooting over. "How did you find this place?" I asked.

"Just found it while walking one day," he said.

I nodded and pulled my text book out of my backpack, along with a notebook. "So, how are we going to present this? He said we have to include an experiment of some sort as well, so we'll have to figure that out too."

"Just do a PowerPoint. Then we can do the experiment after it's over," he suggested.

I nodded my head. "Okay, so, what parts are you wanting to do?"

We continued to plan out the project for about an hour before I noticed how late it was getting. I looked up at the sky and saw the bright orange sunset above. "Wow," I murmured.

"I know, it's beautiful," Corbyn said.

"Why do you wear a hood?" I asked. "Damnit," I thought. "Too soon, too soon, too soon, you fucking idiot, too soon!"

Corbyn's body language changed and he became stiff and tense. "It's none of your fucking business." He stood up and started to walk away.

"Corbyn, wait," I said, standing up and walking after him. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. Please."

He kept on walking back into the trees. By now the sunset was gone and it was nearly pitch black. I pulled my phone out of my backpack and texted Bailey.

Alexa:
- Pickles
- Fucking pickles

Bailey:
- where are you?

Alexa:
- I don't fucking know, in woods. I'm trying to find the road rn

Bailey:
- I'll use find my iPhone to get you. I'm omw

Alexa:
- Thanks B

I turned on my flashlight and started walking what I thought was the trail we came on. After what felt like forever, I found myself standing at the edge of the road. I looked around and saw that Corbyn's car was gone. Great, so he actually fucking left me. Dick head.

Headlights came up the road and Bailey pulled over to the side. I sighed in relief after realizing it was only her and not some serial killer planning on using me as his next victim. I opened the door and got into the car.

"What are you doing all the way out here?" She asked.

"The bastard just left."

"What do you mean?" she questioned.

"We were studying, and everything was fine, then my dumbass-self asked him why he wore a hood all the time, and he left."

"He left? Just, left you in the woods, all alone, with no clue as to how to get back."

I nodded my head and took a drink of her water.

-

"Thanks Bails, I owe you one." I got out of the car and walked up to my door. I opened it and saw my dad pacing back and forth.

"There you are," he said. "I was worried sick." He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back. "You're two hours past your curfew," he said, finally letting me go.

"I know dad, I'm sorry. I was studying with my partner for a project and then they had car trouble, I didn't think to text you," I lied. Corbyn better be lucky I am, too. If my dad knew what really happened he would be shark bait in a minute.

"Well, you should have called or something, let me know you were okay."

"I'm sorry dad."

"Well, you're going to be. You're grounded for three weeks," he said. "Now, go upstairs and go to bed, it's late."

I went upstairs without arguing. I know how protective dad is, I should have let him know I was okay. Besides, he wasn't really the best at giving punishments, and I could usually get out of them pretty early.

I opened the door to my room and shut it behind me. I went into the bathroom and stripped out of my clothes. I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of sweat pants and a sweat shirt. I crawled into bed and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Hi guys! I hope you're all having an amazing day :)
Of you're new, or just never noticed, I do not upload on Saturdays and most of the time not on Sundays either, mainly because on most weekends I don't have wifi for two reasons:

1.) I go to my dad's and he doesn't have wifi
2.) I voulenteer on Saturdays (and some throughout the week) at a barn and help with lessons and stuff from 9:45 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon. After I volunteer we usually go out and do something with my dad and then on Sundays we go to a family member's and eat, so I dont have the time

Also, I'm doing this new thing where you can see all my books, so this will be at the bottom of every chapter and is always updated if I publish (or unpublish) a new book :)

Current Stories

• Alexa ↠ Corbyn Besson
• Chasing You ↠ Jonah Marais
• The Note ↠ Daniel Seavey
• Short Stories ↠ whydontweemma