Thirty-Nine

August 20th

"Can we talk?" Dylan asked through the phone.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Can we do this in person? Please. Sorry, its just important," he rambled.

"Yeah, sure. Do you want me to meet you before work? I go in at 5 today."

"Can I just come over?"

"Dylan you're acting weird. Is something wrong?"

"No. No, everything’s fine. Can I just come over?"

"Yeah. Yeah of course."

"Okay. I'll be there in ten."

"Okay. Love you."

"I love you too." Dylan hung up and I looked down at my phone.

"Weird," I thought. I set my phone face down on my desk and continued sketching Hugh Jackman. I have been obsessed with The Greatest Showman ever since I watched it with Corbyn the other night. I'm not sure why I put off watching it for so long.

"Alexa, Dylan is here," dad yelled from downstairs.

"Okay," I yelled back. That was a lot faster than ten minutes.

"H-Hey," Dylan said, walking in and sitting down in a chair he pulled next to me. "I don't know how to do this," he mumbled.

"Do what?" I asked, trying to look into his eyes that were darting around the room.

"We, um, we need to break up."

"What? Why?" I asked, concerned about what was happening. "We have been in a perfect relationship for months. I don't understand."

"I'm sorry Alexa," he said, finally meeting my eyes. Tears had started to well up in his eyes and one fell down his cheek, causing mine to do the same. "I am so, so sorry."

"If you're sorry then why are you doing this?"

"I can't tell you. Just know that I don't want to."

"So you too? First Corbyn and now you? What's going on Dylan," my voice cracked.

"I'm sorry Lex."

"Don't call me that," I snapped. "Just get out."

"Let me ex-"

"Explain? You can't explain, Dylan. You just said that. Just get out."

"Alexa, I'm-"

"Get. Out. Now."

Dylan's head dropped and he slowly walked over to my door. "I will never stop loving you," he said before he opened the door and walked out, closing it behind him.

"Yes you will." I looked down at my desk and sat back down in my chair. I don't even remember standing up. I put my head in my hands and let out a few quiet sobs before sitting up and wiping my eyes.

Corbyn:
-you okay?

Alexa:
-yeah, why would you ask that?

Corbyn:
-I just saw Dylan leave your house and he looked upset.
-and you are crying

I looked out my window and saw Corbyn sitting there, looking over at me.

Alexa:
-you creep😂

Corbyn:
-I'm the creep now?

Alexa:
-duh, I could have been changing

Corbyn:
-but you weren't
-seriously, are you okay though?

Alexa:
-I'm fine Corbyn, I promise

Corbyn:
-I'm bringing movies and ice cream

Alexa:
-what?

Corbyn:
-You need it :) idk what happened but I'm coming over and you can't stop me

Alexa:
-thanks C

Corbyn:
-that’s what friends are for

-

"I don't think I've seen anyone learn the soundtrack for a movie that quickly before.

"It's been four days. That’s plenty of time."

"Okay, that's fair." Corbyn stood up and took the movie out of the DVD player and put it back into it's Redbox case.

I sat up while he was doing that and moved the popcorn bowl onto the nightstand. "Thanks for doing this."

"Hey, you would have for me."

"Would I have? Wow, I didn't know that."

"Very funny," he laughed, tossing a pillow at me. "I got to get going," he said, looking at the time.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Alexa."

"Bye."

Corbyn left and I flopped back down onto my bed. I picked up my phone, which had ninety-five thousand messages from the girls threatening to kill Dylan.

Loser Squad

Alexa:
-guys, chill out

Megan:
-why? he’s a complete dick and I already dug his grave

Bailey:
-We have to go through with it now

Alexa:
-Nobody is killing anyone
-I'm fine, its all good now

Brent:
-wait, so I have to return this ax?

Alexa:
-Um, yes...
-I'm good now, I promise

Megan:
-we'll all come over tomorrow

Bailey:
-yeah expect us after school

Alexa:
-I will have the food prepared and the fort built
-GN guys

I placed my phone down on the nightstand beside the popcorn and pulled the covers up, ready to just sleep the rest of my life.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

I lied, the italics don't make them less slanted.

DISCLAIMER: NO, THE WAVES ARE NOT AND HAVE NEVER BEEN IN ITALICS FOR THE DIVIDER. ONLY THE TEXT IS. I CHANGE THE TEXT TO ITALICS AFTER I TYPE THE WAVES.

But i did get my nails done and they seem to remind everyone of clueless.
But its very hard to type with them cause they're so long.