Forty-Five

September 15th

“Corbyn, where are we going?” I asked as I dug through my purse, making sure I had everything I needed.

“I already told you, you’ll see.”

“I don’t even know what to bring.”

“Yourself.” Corbyn stood up and walked behind me, giving me a hug. He kissed the side of my head before grabbing my hand. “You ready?”

“Yeah,” I sighed, putting my purse strap over my shoulder and following Corbyn downstairs.

-

“Okay, put this on,” Corbyn said, handing me a blindfold.

“What? Why?”

“Just do it.”

I took the blindfold from Corbyn and tied it around my eyes. “Is there a reason I’m doing this?”

“Yes. We’re almost there anyways so stop complaining. Let me be cute for once.”

“Oh, shut up,” I said. “You’re always cute.”

After about five minutes I felt the car come to a stop.

“Okay, we’re here but leave the blindfold on,” he said. I heard his door open then shut before he opened mine.

Corbyn grabbed my hand and helped me out before standing behind me and guiding me on where to walk.

“I’m not sure I trust you this much,” I said, stumbling along the trail.

“I’m not going to let you fall, I promise.”

Right as he said that, I felt a root hit my foot and before I knew it, I was falling towards the ground.

“See, I’m not going to let you get hurt,” Corbyn said, lifting me back up from my current position that had to be only a few inches above the ground.

“If I’m correct,” I said, “You said that you weren’t going to let me fall. That was what I consider falling.”

“Hey, at least you’re okay. We’re here,” Corbyn said, stopping me from walking any further. “You can take your blindfold off, now.”

I lifted the front of the blindfold up over my eyes and squinted, trying to get adjusted to the light. “Corbyn,” I cooed, finally being able to see what was in front of me.

We were in the woods, the spot where Corbyn had left me stranded the first time we studied. There was a cute picnic set up near the log, complete with a woven basket and a red and white blanket; too cliché. “This is amazing.”

“Only for you.” Corbyn wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we walked over to where everything was set up. We both sat down on the blanket and Corbyn started unpacking everything from the basket.

“You didn’t have to do this.”

“Yes I did. Besides, neither of us had anything to do today and I wanted to take you out and do something nice since we haven’t gotten to yet.”

“Well thank you, C. I love it.”

Corbyn smiled and pulled a jar out of the basket. “I brought you pickles.”

“I love you,” I replied, grabbing the jar out of his hands and opening the lid.

-

I shut the door behind me and went up to my room. I walked over to my desk and looked out my window, seeing a paper on Corbyn’s that said ‘I love you gorgeous.” I smiled and pulled a paper out of my desk, writing ‘I love you too handsome’ on it before taping it to my window.

I sat down on my bed and opened my laptop, going through emails to see if I had any replies for a job interview, which I didn’t.

After me and Dylan broke up, it didn’t seem right to keep working there so I turned in a notice and quit. Of course, I didn’t really want to because I had a good relationship with everybody else, but working at a business run by your ex’s family? Didn’t sound like a good plan.

I sighed and shut my laptop, placing it beside me. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and texted the girls to see what they were up to before I received a message from Daniel.

Daniel:
-Hey, are you busy

Alexa:
-No, why

Daniel:
-Can me and the boys come over and show you this song? We changed it up again

Alexa:
-Yeah, come on over.

-

Zach barged into my room. “Alexa!”

“I could have been naked, idiot,” I sighed, standing up off the ground.

“I told him to knock,” Jonah sighed, pushing Zach out of the way and sat down on my bed.

Jack and Daniel followed him, Daniel carrying his guitar case.

“Okay, so we changed some chords and tried a new line distribution,” Daniel said, taking his guitar out and tuning it.

“Let’s hear it.”

After running through the song, I got an idea. I went over to my window and opened it, noticing that Corbyn’s was open too. I walked back over to my bed and sat down. “Okay, let me try to sing some parts of it.”

“Okay,” the boys agreed, just confused.

“I need you in my life like limelight,” I sang, “Wherever I go I’m taking you.”

“Whenever I call, you’re my lifeline,” Zach joined, “I never hang up I depend on you.”

-

“Alexa, you should be our fifth member,” Jonah begged. “You’re such a good singer and this song has never sounded better.”

“Not me,” I said. I turned my head back and saw Corbyn sitting at his window.

“Then who?”

“You’ll see soon,” I promised.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Hi my fanfic account/main fanpage is whydontw3emma so if you see me posting Alexa on there DON'T WORRY ITS ME😂

Now that that's cleared up, lets talk about something that's not.
The waves and their fucking slantedness