Twenty

June 3rd

I locked my car and started walking into the mall.

I walked back to the kitchen at Mariee’s and grabbed my apron off the back of the door put it on.

“Good morning Alexa,” Mariee said, walking into the kitchen. “Sarah cannot make it today, so it is just me, you, and Ollie. Unless Dylan shows up too, then he can help make pizzas.”

“Okay, that sounds good.”

Mariee went back out to the front to the front to take some orders while I started making the pizza crust.

“Need some help?”

I turned around and saw Dylan putting on his apron. “Hey.”

“I don’t have any deliveries right now so I’m here to help.”

“Great. Can you put this into the oven?” I asked, handing him the first complete pizza.

“My pleasure.” Dylan took the pizza and placed it into the oven.

“So, are you by any chance free tomorrow night?” he asked, placing the toppings on the now complete crust.

“As a matter of fact, I am.”

“Well, would you want to go out? Take it as an early birthday dinner.”

I looked over at him. “Not as a birthday dinner. I don’t necessarily like celebrating my birthday, but Megan and Bailey kind of force me into it.”

“Why not? Birthdays are awesome.”

“I don’t know. I guess I just don’t like it when people make me the center of their attention. But I love celebrating other peoples’ birthdays.”

“Well, you can call it whatever you want, but this is an early birthday dinner for you weather you like it or not.”

“Fine. What do I wear?”

“Casual. I already know what we’re doing.”

“I thought this was a dinner. Isn’t all you do at a dinner is eat?”

“Not when you’re with me.” Dylan walked back over to the oven and took the pizza out, placing it into a box. “I got to go, this one’s a delivery.”

“Okay. I’ll see you later, then.”

“Bye Alexa.”

“Bye Dylan.”

He smiled before walking out the back door, carrying the pizza and smiling like a dork.

The rest of the day was spent making pizzas with Mariee and occasionally talking to Ollie when he gave us new orders. Dylan never came back to help make the pizzas, only stop by a minute at a time to pick up the next deliveries.

-

I popped the last pizza into the oven and turned around to start putting everything away and putting dishes into the dish washer.

Poof

I felt the powder hit my back followed by a chuckle.

“You have something on your shirt,” Dylan laughed, not being able to contain his laughter anymore.

“Oh, it’s on Russel.” I grabbed a handful of flour and threw it at his shirt, hitting him in the chest.

He had a shocked look in his face before grabbing another handful of flour and throwing it at me. I grabbed bowl of tomato sauce and acted like I was going to toss it at him.

“Woah now, calm down Alexa. No need to get violent.” Dylan grabbed the whole bag of flour, getting ready to toss it all towards me.

“Dylan, put the flour down and nobody gets hurt.”

“We’ll both put them down on three. One...”

“Two...”

“Three!”

And because we happened to have the same idea, the entire kitchen became covered in red and white, including us.

“What is going on in here-” Mariee looked around the kitchen, suddenly seeing the huge mess.

“Grandma I promise it’s not what it look-”

Mariee busted out laughing. “You guys did all this in less than two minutes?” she said between breaths before laughing again. “You two clean this mess up before Ollie sees.” She picked up two handfuls for flour and threw them at us before walking out the kitchen door.

-

I got out of the shower and went downstairs to fix a cup of milk and some brownies dad had brought home from a party they had at his work. I flipped through the channels and eventually decidied on some cooking show, watching people make these amazing cakes.

“I wish I had this talent,” I told cooper, pocking him up and setting him beside me on the couch. Roxy jumped up too.

Dad had brought her home yesterday after he finished fixing up the back yard. She had a pretty large dog house, complete with blankets and food and water bowls for when we weren’t home to watch her. He also fixed up the fence, making sure she couldn’t get out.

Dylan:
I had fun tonight

Alexa:
Me too :) So tomorrow night at 9?

Dylan:
Yeah, I’ll see you then❤

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Lmao do the waves look slanted to you too or is that just me??