Forty-Four

September 10th

Corbyn’s POV

“My little brother is a man now,” Jordan cooed, ruffling my hair.

“Stop,” I groaned, smacking his hand away. I started to fix it again, still struggling. “It’s to long. Ash, can you cut it when I get back home.”

“Yeah,” Ashley yelled from the kitchen.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Jordan asked, handing me a hoodie.

“Yeah,” I replied, taking it and throwing it over my shoulder. “I’ve waited long enough to not have to hide behind a hood.”

-

I sat down in my biology seat and laid my stuff down.

“Hi,” Some girl said, walking up to me. “I’m Amber.”

“Hi,” I said, already knowing exactly who she was.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to sound rude or anything, but can I ask you to move? That’s Corbyn’s seat and it’s just kind of weird if anybody else sits there.”

I was about to respond when Alexa sat down beside me.

“Hey Corbyn,” she chirped, pulling her notebook out of her bag. “Oh, Amber, I meant to thank you earlier for giving my the notes while I was out.”

“You’re welcome,” Amber smiled, then looked over at me. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.”

“Its okay,” I smiled. “Nobody did.”

She gave an awkward smile before walking away.

“Another one?” Alex asked, talking about the fact that everybody and their mom had mistaken me for a new student. Literally, a mom asked if I was new around here when I got out of my car this morning.

“Yeah,” I sighed, opening my notebook. “This is weird.”

“It’s gonna be. Hey, I think that it’s time for you to join the cool kids club and sit with us at lunch.”

“I just might have to take you up on that offer.”

-
Alexa's POV

“Hey girl,” Bailey said as I sat down.

“Where’s your hood?” Megan asked Corbyn, who was now sitting in the empty space beside me.

“I don’t think I’m going to be wearing that thing anymore,” Corbyn replied, holding my hand.

“You guys are so adorable, its disgusting,” Jack said, pretending to gag.

“Suck it, Avery,” I replied, throwing a pencil at him.

“That landed in his hair perfectly,” Zach laughed, taking the pencil out of Jack’s hair and tossing it back to me.

“I’m skilled in many different ways,” I laughed.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Okay if you tilt your phone a certain way the waves aren't slanted.
But if you hold it normal they are.

Damn