Thirty-One

July 17th

“Alexa, I’m running out to the store to grab a few things. Do you need anything?”

I heard the front door open as dad most likely started to head out to his car. “No thank you, I’m good.”

“Okay, I’ll be back in a little while.” I heard the front door shut and lock, shortly followed by dad’s car starting and pulling out of the driveway.
I continued scrolling through Pinterest, pinning things that I said I would do, but in reality, never crossed my mind a second time.

About thirty minutes later I heard a knock downstairs on the front door.
“What did dad forget this time?” I mumbled, setting my phone down and crawling out of bed. “Coming!” I yelled after dad knocked a second time.

“Okay, what did you forget this time?” I asked, opening the door. “Oh. What are you doing here?”

“Look, I’m sorry for being such a dick. I’m really stupid and I lost you, which was probably the worst thing I could have done. I didn’t give you any explanation at all, and I’m sorry. If you don’t want to forgive me you don’t have to, but I just want you to know that I’m sorry.”

“So, am I getting an explanation now or am I going to have to wait?” I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame.

“I can’t tell you. I promise, I have a good reason, but the more I tell you the more danger you are in. Can I come in?”

I sighed before stepping back inside and shutting the door behind Corbyn. “So did you just come here to say that your sorry for completely cutting me off for no reason but that you can’t give me any explanation as to why you did? And what danger? Are you more tempted to stab me every time you look at me?”

“No, Alexa it’s more than that, I promise. It just- I can’t tell you. At least not right now.”

“Then when, Corbyn? I think I’m owed something, you know. What you did fucking hurt. I spent days thinking about what I did wrong to make you upset. Days, Corbyn,” I ranted. “You can’t just fucking do that to someone.”

“I know, and I’m sorry.” His voice started to crack and he sounded like he was starting to cry. “I just, I can’t. If I do it won’t- If I do I don’t know how much longer- I don’t know when-”

“Corbyn stop,” I sighed. “If you’re struggling that much, then I don’t want to know.”

“I promise. I will tell you one day. Every single thing, down to the smallest details, I promise you I will. But I can’t, not yet.” There was a minute of silence before he said anything else. “It’s been hell without anybody to talk to the past month. I can’t talk to Jack about half the stuff I talk to you about. I’ve had no one. Trust me I realized as soon as I sent that message that I had lost my best friend. And I know I am not yours, but you are the closest I have. I’m sorry. Please forgive me.” By now he was full on crying, and it didn’t take a genius to tell.

I didn’t say anything and just gave him a hug, letting him cry into my shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and we just stood there, the only thing coming from either of us were his sobs and my silent tears.

“Let’s go upstairs, okay? We can talk there.”

“Okay,” he mumbled.

We walked up to my room and Corbyn shut the door behind him. I pulled a bean bag out of the corner and pulled it up to my bed and sat down in it. Corbyn followed, sitting down next to me.

“Are you okay?” I asked, facing him.

“Yeah. I’m fine I mean-”

“No Corbyn. Are you really okay? Are you safe, are you in any danger, are you in a good state mentally?”

“I can’t answer that. But I can tell you that I’m doing a lot better now that I have you back.”

“Corbyn, it’s going to take longer than that to regain everything you lost the minute you sent that message.” He looked up, the sun hitting his eyes just right. I swear they change color every time I see them. “But I’m glad to have you back too.” I looked over at my TV. I grabbed a controller off the stand and tossed it to Corbyn. “Want to play?”

“I’m about to take you down.”

“Oh, we’ll see about that.”

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Okay i promise I'm trying as best i can to post often but i just dont have the time. I really don't want to put this book on hold so I'm not going to for now, but idk i might have to sometime in the future.

On another note, pLEASE PLEASE GO CHECK MY RECENT ON _.WHYDONTWEBABES._ ON INSTAGRAM!!! ITS A LIMELIGHT PROJECT AND I NEED AS MANY PEOPLE INVOLVED AS POSSIBLE!!!

and the waves are still 'slanted'