Twelve

-May 10th

“So, did your dad say you could come bowling?” Bailey asked through the phone.

“Yeah, he even said that since I had been studying hard-” I put finger quotes while saying that, we all know I haven't been studying that much- “I get an extra hour, so I don’t have to be home until 12.”

“Okay, we’ll be by to pick you up at six.”

“Okay, see you then.”

“Bye.” Bailey hung up the phone and I looked at the clock. It was currently 5:06 P.M., so I had about an hour before they got here.

I got out of my chair and went over to my closet. I flipped through a few tops before deciding on a black and white striped off the shoulder top. I pulled a pair of boyfriend jeans off of one of the shelves and changed. I decided to do a little makeup, so I put on some concealer, mascara, and Chapstick. I slid on a pair of white Vans and went downstairs.

“Do you know what time you will be home?” Dad asked from the kitchen once he saw me.

“No, it just depends on what we do.”

“I thought you were going bowling.”

“Yeah, but if we eat or see a movie or something as well it will take longer,” I explained.

“Okay, just text me when you’re on your way home.”

“I will dad.” I heard Bailey’s car horn honk from outside. “Got to go, love you,” I said, kissing his cheek. I grabbed my lanyard from the stand beside the door and made sure I had my phone before walking out to her car.

“Scoot over,” I told Brent while climbing in the back.

“Nah, I’m good right here.”

I smacked him in the back of the head. He laughed before moving over to the other seat.

-

"Alexa, I knew you were bad at bowling but I didn't know you were this bad," Megan said as yet another one of my balls went into the gutter.

"Hey, I've not been bowling since I was like 10," I pointed out.

"And even then, you sucked," Bailey laughed. I rolled my eyes at her and walked back over to my seat, joining Brent at the table.

"Nachos," he offered, turning the plastic container towards me.

"Thanks." I picked one up and popped it into my mouth.

"Do you know who that is?" Brent asked, nodding over to the corner of the bowling alley. There was a tall, what I'm assuming to be a man, in all black, and they seemed to be looking right at us.

"No," I said, turning back around.

"They've been staring over here the whole time."

"I don't know, maybe this is just the lane they usually get or something."

"And play by them self? I'm not sure about that."

"Who cares? It's not like anything bad will happen."

"Don't jinx it," Brent warned.

I knocked on the wooden table. I reached over and picked up another cheese covered chip before taking a bite. "Why are the only good nachos at sport events, rodeos, and places like this?"

"I don't know, but the cheese never tastes the same when you make them at home. Although, I'm not sure how rodeo nachos taste, I've never been to one."

"You've never been to a rodeo?" I asked, shocked.

We didn't live in a very "country" part of Florida, but there were a lot of farms and a few arenas where they would host local rodeos. I rode horses up until 7th grade, then I stopped. Now that I think about it, it might just be something for me to pick back up on this summer.

"No, I just never found them interesting."

"Okay, well, we are getting you to a rodeo sometime this summer, mark my word."

"Whatever you say, Lex."

We were interrupted by Bailey jumping up and down while screaming. "I knocked them all down!"

"Well, you're already doing better than me," I said, laughing.

-

We walked out of the bowling alley about three hours later. It was already starting to get dark so we just decided to all go ahead and head home. We dropped Brent off first, then the girls took me to my house.

"Bye guys," I said, getting out of the car. "I'll text you guys later and we can set up a girls' day or something."
"Sounds good. Bye."

"Bye."

The girls drove away and I started walking up to my house. I was unlocking the door when I thought I heard a camera go off. I looked around for a second before seeing a flash out of the corner of my eye,
along with another camera click.

"Who's there?" I said, looking around. "This isn't funny Brent," I said, assuming it was him. He only lived about a block away from me, but he is on the football team and he can run pretty fast, so taking a few short cuts and he could have beat us here.

"Whatever," I mumbled, opening the door and stepping in. I shut the door behind me and locked it, heading upstairs. Dad was asleep in his room so I didn't bother waking him. I went into my room and connected my phone to its charger before going into the bathroom.

I changed into a pair of sleep shorts and a tank top. I took off what little makeup was still left on my face and brushed my teeth. I decided to use a facemask since I had a lot that I hadn't used, so I picked one up
and went out to my room.

I put the face mask on then went on snapchat, messaging Brent.

Alexa:
-So you think you're funny?

Brent:
-What?

Alexa:
-Taking pictures of me to scare me
-That's more creepy than funny

Brent:
-What?

Alexa:
-I saw you taking pictures of me when the girls dropped me off

Brent:
-That wasn't me
-I've been home

He sent me a picture of him in his room.

Alexa:
-We all know that you have had time to get home

Brent:
-I just got out of the shower
-Ask my mom, she watched me get dropped off and I haven't left the house since

Alexa:
-So that wasn't you?

Brent:
-No. It was probably that weird neighbor of yours. didn't you say he had been acting weird lately

Alexa:
-Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be taking pictures of me at night

Brent:
-you never know. Just make sure your windows and doors are locked, message me if anything else happens

Alexa:
-I will
-Don't tell the girls, you know how freaked out and worried they get

Brent:
-I won't. Just stay safe and get some sleep

Alexa:
-Alright, night.

I set my phone down on my nightstand and walked over to my window. I shut my curtains before going back over to my bed and laying down.

I scrolled on Instagram for a while before finally getting tired and falling asleep.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Fun fact: I got off work early today but after I had to go watch my sister do gymnastics and yeah that was kinda boring

I also got bit by a horse today (I work in a barn) Yeah, Ginger was just not feeling the love today

And then frickin Barney who's head is bigger than my torso tried to bite me.

Idk what was up with that but yeah. Maybe I shouldn't use my vanilla body spray anymore when I go there...