Forty-One

-August 27th

I woke up in the floor with blankets wrapped around me and the air mattress pushed over towards Ashely’s closet.

I suddenly remembered yesterday and everything that happened. I don’t know if anything would have happened or not but Corbyn seemed to believe it. He had also gotten super picky and strict like a mom. I didn't like it.

I sat up and saw Ashley laying in her bed, playing a game on her phone.
“How long have you been up?” I asked, standing and sitting on her bed.

“Like, fifteen minutes. Do you want to go downstairs and get something to eat? I’m starving.”

“Yeah, sure.”

Ashley got out of bed and I followed her downstairs, still not knowing the layout of the house.

We walked into the kitchen while Corbyn and Jordan were having a quiet but seemingly serious conversation.

“Morning,” Jordan said, once he noticed we were in the kitchen.

“Morning,” me and Ashley said at the same time.

“Where’s the milk?” Ashely asked, rummaging through the fridge.

“We ran out last night,” Jordan replied. “I just haven’t got to go to the store yet.”

“We have some at my house,” I offered. “I can go get it if you want.”

“No, stay here,” Corbyn said, jerking back into reality.

“She’s going to have to go some time or another, Corbyn. You both have school and she needs clothes.”

“She can wear Ashley’s.”

“Ashley is smaller than I am, Corbyn. I just have to run over and change, then come back. You can come too if you want.”

“Fine,” he gave in, standing up and going upstairs. He came back down a few minutes later carrying two sweatshirts. “Put this on,” he said, tossing one of them to me.

I caught it and threw it on, pulling up the hood. “Happy?”

“Yes, very. Now come on, let’s go.”

We walked out the house and jogged through the yard over to my house. I grabbed my key from my pocket and placed it in the door, unlocking and opening it. We both went inside, locking the door behind me. I went upstairs and changed into a different t-shirt and a pair of leggings.

“Pack a bag, just in case,” Corbyn said, grabbing a duffel bag out of the bottom of my closet. "You might be with us for a couple of days."

"Okay." I grabbed an extra shirt and pair of jeans, along with some other essentials, and packed them into the bag.

After shoving everything in, and unwillingly packing another outfit because of Corbyn's begging, we went downstairs and grabbed the milk out of the fridge.

"Are you not going to use this?" he asked, picking it up. "It hasn't even been opened."

"No, dad doesn't use it with his coffee and I'm not going to use it. Better to let somebody else have it than let it go to waste."

"Okay, thanks."

Corbyn carried the milk and my duffel bag while I did a quick check to make sure I had everything I needed.

“Hold on, I forgot something." I jogged upstairs and went over to my desk. I grabbed some packs of pencils and my sketch book, quickly packing everything into a small bag.

“Wait, I forgot to lock the door," I remembered after walking half-way back. "Hold on a sec." I set my stuff down and jogged back over to my house and onto the porch. I pulled my keys out of my pocket and quickly locked it. I started to jog back over to where Corbyn was waiting when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Alexa!"

I looked down and saw my shirt covered in blood. I started to fall when Corbyn caught me.

"JORDAN!" he yelled. "CALL 911!" He looked back down at me and smiled. "You're okay. You're okay, I promise. Just stay with me."

I nodded my head as my eyes began to feel heavy.

"Alexa, no. Keep your eyes open, please."

I heard some footsteps run over and two more figures appeared. All I heard was some mumbling before everything went black.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Btw changing a story that you're telling someone just to make yourself look "cool" isn't cool.

I was going to say that the waves are not slanted, but I was holding my phone a weird way so false alarm the waves are still slanted.