Fifty-Five

October 9th

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“Your dad let me in before he left. The more important question is where the hell were you?”

“You can’t just expect me to be home all the time, Corbyn. I have a life and friends other than you.”

“Oh, so I’m not important?”

“I never said that.”

“You implied it.”

“To hell I did. You’re the one who has been ignoring my calls and texts for days.”

“I’ve needed some time to myself.”

“Then tell me that instead of leaving me to think that I’m the one who fucked up.”

“I have my life too, Alexa. You don’t need to know every part of it.”

“Oh so every detail of my life is crucial for you to know but you can’t let me know why I haven’t been able to talk to you for days?”

"It's not that big of a deal, damn."

“Is it not, Corbyn? Is it that fucking hard to say that you need a few days to clear your mind? Is it really that hard?”

“Okay, so where were you, huh? I’ve been sitting here for two hours waiting on your ass to get home after you were the one who said that I needed to come over so we could talk.”

“I went to the hospital to drop something off for Dylan.”

“Oh, so that son of a bitch is more important than me?”

“Mariee asked me to drop some things off. Is it really that bad?”

“Yes, it is.”

“Why, Corbyn. Why is it so bad?”

“Because he is your ex and you’re paying more attention to him than you are me. Do you know how much that shit hurts?”

“Well maybe if someone hadn’t blocked me out of their life for a damn week then maybe I would have talked to you. Try calling to tell me your coming over before you do.”

“I didn’t think I would have to. How was I supposed to know that you would be out kissing up on your ex all night?”

“First of all, I was at the hospital for a maximum of five minutes, thank you very much. Me and then girls went out because they wanted to cheer me up when you were the one who made me feel like complete shit.”

“For the last time, I needed a break.”

“A break from what? Me? Am I that hard to handle? Try communicating, Corbyn. It's not that hard.”

“Just shut up!”

“Me? I’m the one who needs to shut up?” I crossed my arms in front of my chest and looked at the ground. “Leave.”

“What?”

“Leave, Corbyn,” I said, looking up. “Get out of my damn house and come back when you’re not drunk off your ass.”

“I’m not drunk!”

“Oh, so the empty beer bottles on the table aren’t yours? Get the fuck out.”

“Fine.”

Corbyn stormed past me and slammed the front door behind him.

I started to pick the bottles up and threw them into the trash before sitting down on the couch.

What the fuck just happened?

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

And now you know why i wanted the moat with the slanted waves to protect me.