Thirty-Four

July 31st

Corbyn's POV

I sat on the edge of my bed, looking at my guitar stand. If I do this, I can get everything off my chest, but she's in danger. If I don't, its going to eat me alive, and she's still in danger
"Fuck it," I mumbled. I stood up off my bed and grabbed my guitar. I put into it's case and walked out the door.

Alexa's POV

There was a loud knock on the front door. Confused, I stood up and looked out the window, seeing Corbyn standing on the front porch. I walked over and unlocked the door, letting him in. "Hey."

"Hey. Can we um, can we talk?"

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"
"Is he finally going to tell me about this hood thing?" I thought, following Corbyn into the living room.

"I needed to tell you something, but I don't know how its going to sound."

"You can tell me, Corbyn. I'm not going to tell anybody."

"I keep my voice to myself. And since I started to hang out with you, I've put myself out there more than I should."

"What do you mean more than-"

"Can I please finish before you say anything?" he asked.

"Yeah. Sorry."

Corbyn was quiet for a minute before he said anything else. "There has always been only one thing that I don't share with anybody except the people in my house, and that's when I sing. I always use singing as an escape from reality, you know? It helps me get everything out and it used to be the only way I could say half of the things I tell you. And when I told you that I would sing for you a while ago, I didn't mean it. I didn't expect for everything to happen and for us to be this close.

You've been so patient with me and I don't know how else to repay you. You put up with my bull shit. I knew I made one of the worst mistakes of my life when I cut you off for a while, but I didn't know what else to do at the time." Corbyn nodded down towards his guitar case. "I think I'm ready to share my voice with someone else now."

"Corbyn, you don't have to."

"I want to Alexa."

"Okay. then I'm all ears."

Corbyn gave me a nervous smile before taking his guitar out of the case. A leather notebook fell out.

I reached down to pick it up. "Brain Dump" was engraved on the cover.

"Don't-" Corbyn said, grabbing the notebook out of my hand. "Don't read that," he finished. "Its where I write everything down."

"I understand. I'm the same way about my sketchbook. I was just picking it up."

"I'm sorry, I'm acting so weird right now."

"Corbyn, shut up. You were a lot weirder when i first met you. You just feel vulnerable right now, it's not weird at all."

"Thank you," he mumbled. He adjusted his guitar and started to sing.

-play the video. Its "I Built a Friend" by Alec Benjamin-

"Corbyn, that was-"

Corbyn started to cry. I moved over so that I was sitting directly beside him. He leaned over and cried into my shoulder and we both just sat there like that.

-

"Sweetie, I'm home!" dad yelled at he walked through the door.

"Shhhh," I shushed him, motioning to Corbyn who was asleep on the couch.

"Sorry, I didn't know we had a visitor."

"He looked exhausted when he came over earlier. He fell asleep a while ago so I just left him alone."

"That's okay. I'm going to go start fixing dinner. Chicken fettuccini sound good?"

"Yeah, my favorite."

Dad went into the kitchen and I walked back over to the couch. I sat down and Corbyn moved, waking up just long enough to put his head back into my lap before falling back asleep.

He looked extremely exhausted when he came over earlier, and with everything that he unloaded off his chest today, he needed some sleep. He seemed like he was trying to say everything while going into as little detail as possible. But you could tell how much singing meant to him and how special and rare it was for him to share what he wrote with anyone else. Not to mention, he has an astonishing voice and he can hit some notes Ariana herself can't hit.

"Dinner is almost ready," dad said, peeking his head around the corner. "He can come eat if he wants."

"Okay."

Dad left and I shook Corbyn's shoulder. "Hey, want to eat?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, sure." He sat up and looked around. "How long was I asleep?"

"Don't worry about it. You needed it. Now, dad made some fettuccini so let's go eat before it gets cold."

Corbyn followed me into the kitchen and sat down beside me while dad brought the food to the table.

Me and Corbyn had become closer in the past few days, and this time, I intended to keep it that way.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Tbh i don't LOVE this chapter but its the best i could do at the time (i was stressed when i wrote this anyways) but i don't have time to retype it so you just get this :/ pls forgive me, next one will be better i promise!

Also, I'm now in love with Alec** Benjamin

Per usual, the waves are STILL slanted