Twenty Four

June 13th

“SO I PUT MY HANDS UP THEY’RE PLAYING MY SONG, THE BUTTERFLIES FLY AWAY!” we all screamed at the top of our lungs.
We were on our way to Kennedy Park; you know, that little amusement park thing that we have near us. Me, the girls and Brent all decided to just go out and have some quality time together.

-

“Come on Brent, it’s just a roller coaster,” Megan begged, attempting to drag Brent to the entrance of the ride.

“No. You all know that this is the one ride that I will not ride.”

“Please Brent,” I begged. “If you don’t ride then one of us is going to have to ride alone and that destroys the fun.”

“But I don’t want to,” he whined.

“Fine,” Megan said. “I’ll just go ask that guy over there if he wants to come and ride with me.” Megan pointed over towards a jock-looking dude who was quite attractive.

Brent looked over and stiffened. “No you’re not,” he said, wrapping his arm around Megan’s shoulders. “Let’s go guys.”

-

“Okay come on Brent. You have to admit that the ride was not that bad.”

“Okay, fine, it wasn’t terrible. But I hated that first hill, you were literally on your back.”

“But did you die?”

-

“Okay, where to next?” Bailey asked, starting up the ignition on the car and blasting the AC.

“Let’s go shopping,” Megan suggested.

“No, we always go to the same four stores and its boring,” I said.

“How about thrift shopping?” Bailey suggested. “There are like three goodwill’s on the way home and who knows what you’ll find there.”

“Okay,” Brent said, “but only if we go that farmers market that’s open all day. I want to cook once we get back to Alexa’s place.”

“Sounds good to me.”

-

We walked in the house and dropped all our bags. Me and the girls had gotten a bit more than we meant to while thrift shopping, and Brent went a little crazy at the farmers market (and Wal-Mart, which we had to stop at to get the rest of the stuff to cook and for snacks later to night.)

“We're going to go put this stuff in the guest room,” Bailey said, picking the rest of her bags back up.

“Yeah, I’m going to go put my stuff in the washer before I hang it up.” I picked up my bags and went to the washer and started placing all the clothes I bought into the washer, double checking what they were made of.

Once I was done I went back into the kitchen and washed my hands.

“We’re helping Brent cook,” Bailey said. “Apparently he’s never tried this recipe before so who knows how its going to go.

After about forty five minutes of arguing over what the instructions meant and how to mix everything, we finally started to cook the pasta. I got a message while helping Brent with the garlic bread.

Corbyn:
-Are you busy?

Alexa:
-Me the twins and Brent are cooking, why?

Corbyn:
-Oh okay. I just didn’t have anything to do

Alexa:
-You can come over. We’re just gonna chill and you can get to know everybody

Corbyn:
-Okay, cool

“Hey guys, Corbyn is going to come over in a few minutes.”

“Oooo,” Megan cooed, earning her an elbow to the ribs. “Ow, aggressive.”

There was a knock at the door and everybody’s heads turned. “You guys, please be nice. You know how he is about the hood topic, and you also know that he doesn’t like to talk to a lot of people.” I jogged over to the front door and opened it, revealing Corbyn and his black hoodie. “Hey, come in.”

“Smells good,” he said, stepping into the house. “What is it? Pasta?”

“Yep.”

“Nice.” Corbyn followed me into the kitchen and met everyone else.

-

“Oh, I have an idea,” Bailey said, sitting down while chewing her pasta. “Let’s play a game to get to know you,” she told Corbyn. “Everybody asks a question, and everybody has to answer it. What’s your favorite color?”

“Green,” Corbyn answered. We all went around answering the question until it was Brent’s turn.

“Who is your favorite musician?”

“Shawn Mendes,” Corbyn replied. “He has some really good songs.”

We kept the pattern going until it was Corbyn’s turn. “How did you all meet?”

“This is going to be a good story.”

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

You know what. I give up
The waves are still slanted and idk what to do about it