Six

-March 20th

“Okay but can you not just subtract that from that and get your answer easier?” some kid in the back asked.

We were reviewing what we went over yesterday in class. I knew what to do, it was simple. But there's always that one kid who never pays attention in class and then ends up confused the next day.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and held it under the desk so the teacher wouldn’t see.

Corbyn:
-Work on the project today?

Alexa:
-Can’t sorry
-promised Bailey and Megan I would go to the mall with them

Corbyn:
-You don’t look like the shopping type

Alexa:
-eh
-I need some more sweatshirts anyways so I figured why not

“Miss Alexa, are you on your phone?” The teacher asked, glancing up from her desk.

“I was just checking the time.”

“Ae you sure that was all?”

“Yes mam. Sorry.”

“Well, to make it up you can come up here and do number four,” she said, pointing to the equations on the board.

I walked up and solved it before turning back around and sitting back at my desk.

“Thank you. Now, class, Alexa...”

I zoned out and just stared at the board. It’s not like I was thinking about something particular, I just kind of zoned out for the last few minutes of class.

The bell rang and everybody sprung out of their seats and out the doors. I followed slowly, dreading going to the mall. “Maybe I should have told Corbyn I was free,” I thought.

Megan and Bailey came around the corner and each grabbed one of my arms.

“Let’s go, we don’t have forever,” Megan said.

“Do I really have to go? I mean I can always just order some clothes online.”

“I’ll buy you food,” Bailey promised.
“Deal.”

-

“You know, I didn’t think all of us shopping meant that we watch you try on dresses for your and Brent’s date tomorrow,” I sighed. “And I still I haven't gotten my food,” I told Bailey.

“We’ll stop at the food court after this,” she said.

“Yeah, you have said that at three different stores now.

“What about this one?” Megan asked, walking out of the dressing room.

“Megs, you’re literally a model and look great in everything,” I told her.

“I mean, I kind of like it,” she said, spinning around in the mirror. “But I don’t like the way it sits.”

“The first dress that you put on is still your best find,” Bailey informed. “Just get that one before this one-” she pointed at me- “goes all Jurassic Park on us.”

“Alright,” Megan sighed. She went back into the dressing room and changed back into her clothes. She checked out and I basically sprinted to the food court, starving.

“Jeez Lex, calm down,” Bailey laughed.

“I have been promised that “we will get food after this” for two hours now. I am starving. So, pick up your pants and get a move on people,” I yelled, earning some looks from strangers.

-

“I never thought a burger would taste this good,” I said, chewing a bite I just took.

“Alexa, chew then talk.”

I rolled my eyes and continued eating my food.

“So, how’s lover boy?” Bailey asked, elbowing my side.

“Science partner,” I corrected. “Stop calling him that. Also, you gave him my number while you knew I was mad at him.”

“No I didn’t."

“You gave it to Jack and Jack gave it to Corbyn, so technically you did. Why did you even give it Jack?”

“Because I was in a study group with him and he said you two were working for a project together and now that I’m saying this I realize you don’t have any classes that you are partnered with Jack on.”

“So what do you say?”

“Sorry for giving your number out to a weird dude.”

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Something is wrong with me. I will not wake up to an alarm and it's weird bc I have been waking up to them for the past 2 years, and all of a sudden they don't work at all. Idk its weird.

Current Stories

• Alexa ↠ Corbyn Besson
• Chasing You ↠ Jonah Marais
• The Note ↠ Daniel Seavey
• Short Stories ↠ whydontweemma