Fifteen

May 20th

I stepped off the sidewalk and opened the back door to the Uber. Not going to lie, normally I would just have them pick me up at my house cause I'm lazy as shit, but recently, with the pictures and everything, that just doesn't feel very safe. So, I walked about two blocks down to a McDonalds, grabbed something to eat, and just ordered an Uber from there.

I gave the driver the address of the mechanic and buckled up, ready to finally get my car.

-

After what felt like hours of scrolling through the same Insta feed over and over again, we finally rolled up to the shop. I quickly paid the driver and got out, immediately spotting my car. I let out a short, loud-pitched squeal at the thought, earning me a few looks from passersby. My car had been in the shop for about two weeks, and I was just ready to have it back. Asking people for rides and driving dad's car really wasn't fun.

-

Dad wasn't home when I pulled in, so he probably had to go in for work early. Megan and Bailey were at Disney.

"You have to start the summer off right, Lex," Bailey said when I asked her why they were going so suddenly.

Brent was, well, doing whatever it is that Brent does. The routine is that we don't hear a single thing from him for the first two weeks of summer break, then we can't ever get him to leave us alone any time after. What's scary is that none of us knows where he goes or what he does, not even Megan.

In the back of my mind, something told me to try Corbyn. But that same voice was also telling me there was no use. He wouldn't talk to me if I was the last person on earth. But, after walking up to my room looking out my window, noticing his window open, I decided to at least try.

"Hey Corbyn," I greeted.

No response.

"Are you over there?"

I heard a book or something drop. So someone was in the room.

"You're ignoring me again. Great." I sighed before stepping back and closing my window.

I decided to just go downstairs and make something to eat. I didn't have anything else to do, oh the joys of being lonely during the summer.

I jogged downstairs and opening the fridge, noticing it being unusually empty. Normally we had a lot to choose from, but aside from some condiments and things for dad's lunch, there was nothing; except my left overs.

Which reminded me of the number I have still yet to call. Deciding I had nothing to lose, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed the number, pressing the call button before I could talk myself out of it.

"Hello?" The voice on the other end sounded groggy, like they had just woken up.

"Yes, I have a coupon for a free meal. I was wondering when that expired."

He chuckled on the other end of the line. "Well, it actually expires today," he said. "Would you like to use it?"

"I mean, I have a really jam-packed schedule today," I said sarcastically, "but I think I can make it work."

"Great! So what time would you like to make your reservation?"

I glanced over at the clock hanging on the wall. "3:30 will work."

"Great, your limo driver will be there shortly to escort you to your destination."

-