Thirteen

-May 15th

I woke up and went downstairs. I put a bagel in the toaster and went to grab the milk out of the fridge when I noticed a note attached to it.

I'll be back tomorrow night, sorry for not giving you a heads up –dad

I set the note down and finished making my breakfast before grabbing it and sitting down on the couch. I turned on the TV and the news popped up, automatically saying that it was going to be raining all day today.

"Great," I mumbled. "So that ruins all my plans." I finished eating breakfast before going upstairs and changing into some clothes for school. I put on a mustard yellow tank top, some black jeans, and a jean jacket. I slid on my black vans before grabbing my stuff and heading out the door.

-

"So you guys seriously can't come over today?" I asked, sitting down the same time as the girls.

"No, sorry. Tests are over tomorrow and you know how our parents are," Bailey said.

"How whose parents are?" Brent sat down in his seat and grabbed Megan's hand.

"Ours," Megan said. "We can't go over to Lexa's place today."

“I can’t either, my mom is making me go to some stupid family thing.” He rolled his eyes at the thought.

“Well, you can see your family,” Megan said. “We, on the other hand, -” she pointed between her and Bailey- “have to study and stay home all night.”

“Oh well,” I sighed. “I guess I’m just going to be alone all night crying while watching Midnight Sun.”

“You do that when we’re there though,” Megan pointed out.

“Yeah, the only difference is that we won't be there to hand you tissues,” Bailey chimed in.

“Well I guess I'll just have to get my own tissues,” I shrugged. I saw Bailey glancing over my shoulder and smirking. “What?”

“Lover boy over there seems to have his eye on the prize,” she said, her smirk growing bigger.

“What?”

“Corbyn’s staring at you,” Megan and Brent said at the same time.

I went to turn around and Bailey grabbed my hand, stopping me.

“Don’t, you don’t want him, to know that you know he’s staring.”

“And why not? It’s pretty creepy, plus I have a right to know when someone is staring at me.”

“Yes, you do, and you do know that. Just don’t let him know.”

“Why not?”

“Because you want this relationship to work out, don’t you?”

“No, not really. I literally see him as NOTHING more than just a friend, if not just an acquaintance.”

“That's what they all say.”

-

I pulled into the driveway and parked the car. I grabbed the bags of groceries out of the back seat and Brent grabbed the rest.

“Thank you for coming with me,” I said. “I really need to go get a car.”
Me and Brent walked up to my door, him with the extra bags in hand. I unlocked it and we walked in, setting everything down on the kitchen counter.

“Haven’t you been saving for a jeep since like, the sixth grade?” he asked, picking a grape out of one of the bags.

“Yeah, but as soon as I got enough I realized I didn’t really want one. I’d rather have something that would work better for me.”

“I mean, after you saved all that I would make sure that you got a car you actually want. I’m going to go, mom wants me there by six and I still have to go home and change.”

“Alright, thank you for taking me,” I thanked him as he walked out of my house.

Once Brent left (and I made sure to lock the door behind him) I went back into the kitchen and started putting my groceries up. And that’s when it dawned on me.

I didn’t get anything to eat for tonight.

I sighed once I realized the mistake I made, then proceeded to make the quick decision of just ordering pizza for tonight.

By the time I was finished putting groceries away and getting everything organized it was almost six. I ran upstairs to my room and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and an old t-shirt from middle school. I changed before grabbing my laptop and heading back downstairs.
Once I had everything set up I decided to just order some pasta from that Marie’s place. Cooper came over to me scratched the side of the couch, signaling me to pick him up, so I did. Once he got situated I started playing the next episode of Criminal Minds, getting lost in the character of Spencer Reid.

-

The doorbell rang and I jumped, oblivious to anything around me. Cooper jumped and ran over to the door, barking, while I got up and peaked out the window, seeing the pizza guy. I walked over and unlocked the door, meeting the same golden-brown eyes as last time.

“Order for Alexa Williams?”

“Yeah.” I handed him a 20-dollar bill and grabbed my pizza.

“Oh, I’m Dylan, by the way,” he said while grabbing some change.

“Alexa, obviously.” I mentally slapped myself for that one. Of course he knows your name, he just delivered you pizza for the second time, and he JUST said it.

“So, Alexa, here is your receipt,” he said, scribbling something down at the bottom and handing it to me. “You are eligible to receive a free meal to any place of your liking, just call the number on your receipt.” He winked before turning around and walking away, leaving me standing in the doorway stunned.

Did I just get hit on? And asked out on a date?

I smiled before backing up and shutting the door behind me. I walked back into the living room and set my food down before jumping up and down and letting out little screeches.

-

I finished drawing and stood up from my desk. I shut my windows and walked into the bathroom, putting my hair in a ponytail and brushing my teeth.

I walked back out and saw another yellow sticky note on my window. I walk over and opened one of the windows, reaching outside and grabbing it. It had red chicken scratch, but somehow neat, hand writing.

My son seems to take a liking to you. We'll just have to see how that works out

I rolled my eyes and set the note down on my desk, locking the window back. I closed my curtains and got in bed, pulling the blankets up to my neck and curling into a ball.

It was probably all just a joke by someone at school. A lot of people knew where I lived from past parties, so that was just the case. It wouldn’t be the first time; once a kid sent me flowers every week for two months before admitting it was him.

But then again, what if it wasn't all one big prank?

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Okay, firstly I wanted to say that I'm sorry for taking so long to update. I just started high school and it's been hectic, and I lost my notebook with my chapter plans in it but I just got it back and found it so you're getting a chapter

Two, on August 5, 2018, I MET CHRISTINA! OML She is literally the sweetest human being ever! She was so sweet and kind and I miss her a lot, but if you get to see her next tour ( ;) )
I highly suggest you go. Her show was so amazing and definitely one of the best experiences I've ever had. She signed everyone's poster and VIP tag thing, and took pics/videos with and for everybody and we still had about a 10 minute convo after just hanging out and talking with her.

Now for things about high school so far:

I've had so much homework in the first week I just got a chance to actually sit down and type

I'm taking forensics (theater arts, not like bodies or anything) and I'm doing speech and debate so yay! If you do that as well and have any OO or Info ideas please let me me know!

A guy called me pretty today and then later got "mad" at me when I thought he was a sophomore ((hes a senior) lmao gotta luv him tho)