Thirty-Five

August 6th

I completely forgot how thankful I should be for not having to wake up to an alarm every morning, and I’m regretting it now that I have to wake up to one for the next 180 days. I rolled, yes literally, out of bed and lay there for a minute.

“Alexa, are you up!” my dad yelled. I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs before he knocked on my door and opened it. “What are you doing?”

“Contemplating every decision I have made up to this point,” I said. I looked away from my ceiling and over to dad. “What about you?”

“Wondering where I went wrong while raising you.” He let out a laugh before saying, “Get up, you only have an hour before we leave.”

“I can work with an hour.” Dad shut my door and I sighed before getting up. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth before pulling my hair back into a pony tail.

Once I was done in the bathroom, I opened my closet and started digging through the hangers, trying to find something acceptable. “I really need to do laundry,” I mumbled before giving up and grabbing a pair of jeans out of the dirty clothes. I grabbed a random t-shirt off my floor and put it on, tucking it in and grabbing my backpack off the floor. I grabbed my white vans and jogged downstairs. “What smells so good?” I asked, already knowing that my dad had made what it possibly his best dish of all time.

“Home-made waffles with fruit, sausage, and eggs. Just like I do every year.”

“Thanks dad,” I said, setting my stuff down on the couch and sliding my shoes on.

“Oh, and I made your lunch so you wouldn’t have to worry about it.”

“Dad, I’m not a kid,” I said, grabbing my lunch box, “but thank you.”

“I know you’re not a kid anymore. Besides, it’s your last first day of grade school. I could at least help you out a bit.”

“Thank you dad.” I quickly ate some breakfast before checking the time. “School starts in thirty minutes, I have to go.” I put my plate in the sink and grabbed a handful of strawberries. “Bye dad, love you!”

“Love you too sweetie. Have fun!”
“I’ll have as much fun as I can,” I promised. I picked up my backpack and walked out to my car.

-

“This is it,” Bailey said. “This is our last first day.”

“I know,” I said, shutting the locker I would probably never touch for the rest of the year. “But I can’t wait for out last last day of school.”

“Okay, so I have first with Bailey, second with Brent, third with Brent, and then we all have fourth together,” Megan said, walking up to me and Bailey.

“Me and Bailey have the same third and both of our thirds have the same lunch, so it looks like four years with the same lunch has been completed.”
“Well, three and a half. Brent didn’t have it with us for the first semester of freshman year.”

“Same thing.”

“Okay guys, see you at lunch,” Megan said, waving to us as the bell rang.

“She literally just said that we have the same first.” Bailey rolled her eyes before jogging and catching up to Bailey.

-

“Alexa, we have a code red and cannot find Brent.”

“What is it?” I asked. I was on my way to lunch when Bailey ran out and stopped me.

“You know that Megs isn’t aggressive, so just come on,” she grabbed my arm and we ran to the cafeteria, barely dodging people.

“Why are freshmen in our seats?” I asked, confused. I didn’t let Bailey answer before I walked over to Megan, who was clearly aggervated.
“I’m going to have to ask you four to move,” I said, motioning to all of them.

“You can’t make us. First come, first serve,” one of them said, smacking her gum way to loudly for my liking.

“Okay, listen here sweetheart,” I said, leaning down on the table. “I have spent the last three years sitting at this exact table, and I’m not going to spend my senior year sitting at a different one because some freshmen want to act cool. And it won’t look very cool when you’re walking to the nurse with a broken and bloody nose. So get up and find somewhere else to sit.”

The girl rolled her eyes before grabbing her tray and standing up, her friends following. “Now, let's have a family lunch, shall we?”

“I don’t know what we would do without you sometimes, Lexa.”

“I don’t know what you would do without me sometimes either.”

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

I watched Bohemian Rhapsody the other day and i always knew i liked Queen but i never knew that i had such an obsession and love for them and when i watched the movie it like exploded and now I'm like wdw obsessed

And just like sound waves (cause queen makes music), the waves are slanted.

Thank you for listening to today's mini rant