Three

-March 9th

I woke up and rolled over. I opened my eyes, then closed them because of the sun shining through my windows. Shit, the sun. I scrambled out of bed and threw on some random clothes that were on the floor. I grabbed my phone, noticing that it was 9:45 a.m. and I had already missed two periods of school.

"If I hurry," I thought, "I can make it there before third." I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs. Dad was already at work, so I didn't have to sneak past him. I went out to the garage and grabbed my bike. I went out and made my way to school.

-

Once I signed myself in (saying that I had car trouble) I went to third period. The bell had just rung when I sat down in my seat.

"Okay class," Mr. Bowen said. "Please get with your partners. You will have all of class today to work on them, after that its done on your own time."

I sighed and walked over to Corbyn's seat. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I snapped.

He looked up, well, I think. You can't really see his face, aside from his nose, cheekbones, and chin. "What?"

"You left me in the middle of nowhere with almost no cell service and no idea how to get back."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry. Sorry is all you got?"

"I am. I wasn't thinking, I was just upset and acted."

"Well, sorry isn't going to cut it. You're going to have to make up for yourself."

"Okay, fine."

-

"So, he just left you?" Megan asked.

I nodded my head and took a bite of a carrot. On my way out this morning I forgot to pack my lunch, so Megan gave me some of hers.

"What a dick," Brent commented. We all just shook our heads, agreeing.

-

I walked up to my room and flopped down on my bed. My dog, Cooper, started scratching at my bed, trying to get my attention. He was a Corgi, so he couldn't get onto my bed by himself. I picked him up and set him on my lap. "Hey buddy." I rubbed his back when my phone buzzed.

(123) 456-7890:
- Are you busy today

Alexa:
- Who is this?

(123) 456-7890:
- Corbyn
- I wanted to work on the project tonight if you weren't busy

Alexa changed (123) 456-7890 to Corbyn

Alexa:
- Yeah, let me make sure my dad doesn't have anything planned

"Dad," I hollered. "Can I go work on a project with one of my friends?"

"I don't know, you're still grounded."

"Please! This counts as 50% of my grade."

"Fine, I guess you can go."

"Thanks dad!"

Alexa:
- I'm free

Corbyn:
- Okay, I'll come pick you up. What's your address?

Alexa:
- 739 West Ave

Corbyn:
- Ha, really?

I grabbed a light jacket and slipped it on over my t-shirt. I slipped my shoes on and made my way downstairs. Dad was cooking in the kitchen.

"I'll be back around eight," I said. I kissed him on the cheek and there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it."

I opened the door, surprised to see the hooded boy standing there. "You got here quick."

He nodded his head and turned around. I grabbed my backpack and hollered bye to dad before following him out the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He didn't say anything and just walked to the house next door.

No way, this kid was my neighbor? How have I not noticed this before?

He opened the garage and sure enough his car was there, along with another car and a motorcycle. We walked over to his car and got in.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Leaving a simple schedule here so you can get an idea of Alexa's schedule. Also, I'm not in high school yet (I will be in August) but I'm too lazy to find a high school schedule so I'm just using the schedule from 8th grade

1st period: 8am-9am
2nd period: 9:04am-10:04am
3rd period: 10:08am-11:08am
Lunch 11:12am- 11:50:am (lmao idk what time lunch goes to)
4th period: 11:54am-12:52pm
5th period: 12:56pm-1:56pm
6th period: 2pm-3pm

Current Stories

• Alexa ↠ Corbyn Besson
• Chasing You ↠ Jonah Marais
• The Note ↠ Daniel Seavey
• Short Stories ↠ whydontweemma