Forty-Six

September 17th

“Honey, I want you back home by seven tonight. We’re having a guest over for dinner.”

“Okay,” I said, slinging my backpack over my shoulder. “I’ll be back after school, Corbyn is just going to come over for a little while after.”

“Okay. He can stay too, if he wants. I’m making-”

“Fettuccini?” I hoped.

“Fettuccini.”

I smiled and gave dad a kiss on the cheek. “Love you.”

“Love you too, sweetie. Don’t forget!”

“I won’t!” I shut the door behind me and made my way down to my car. I opened the door and set my stuff in the passenger seat and shut my door. I turned up the radio and pulled out of the driveway, blasting What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. What else?

-

“Me, Megs, and the boys are all having a study session at the library today,” Bailey said, placing her text books in her locker. “Do you want to come too?”

“I would, but dad wants me home by seven, we’re having a guest over for dinner. Plus, me and Corbyn already made plans.”

“Since you two got together you’re never not-together.”

“I know, and I’m sorry, really,” I apologized. “How about me, you, Megan, and Brent all go to the movies tomorrow? Just the four of us.”

“I guess I can make something work.” Bailey smirked. “So, who’s the guest?”

“I don’t know, probably somebody from his office, since he’s always there anyways. I haven’t gotten to see Roxy in forever.”

“Must suck. Hey, if you need out of anything, just text me and I’ll call with an excuse,” Bailey said, shutting her locker shut.

“I will, I promise.”

Bailey turned on her heel and walked away towards the group of people waiting on her.

I turned the opposite way and headed towards the parking lot.

-

“Stop,” I laughed, pushing Corbyn off of me and hitting him with a pillow. “You know I’m ticklish.”

“Oops, I must have forgot,” he laughed, only to start tickling my sides again.

“Stop!"

There was a knock on the door and dad opened it. “I’m telling you; you tickle her enough and she’ll leave you with a black eye,” he laughed. “Trust me, I know.”

“Note taken,” Corbyn said, sitting back down beside me.

I sat up and fixed my hair. “Jackass,” I mumbled, brushing it all over to one side.

“Our guest is here,” dad said, beginning to turn around. “Better fix your hair before she thinks you were doing more than just having a tickle fight.”

Me and Corbyn jumped off the bed and followed closely behind dad going down the stairs.

“Wait, she?” I questioned.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and I saw a pretty brunette lady standing in front of our couch.

“Corbyn, Alexa, this is Amelia,” dad introduced.

“Hi,” she said, reaching out for a hug. “Just call me Lilly.”

“Hi,” I replied, hugging her back.

“You look just like your father,” she said, looking at my face. “Gorgeous.”

“Thank you.”

“Hi,” she said to Corbyn, giving him a hug as well.

“Hello.”

I have to say, now that his mom was gone, he was quite the people person.

-

“You guys can stop looking at each other like your arguing over who should tell me. It's obvious you two are dating,” I said, noticing Lilly and dad shooting looks across the table.

Lilly laughed. “Well that was easier than expected.”

“It’s pretty obvious,” Corbyn agreed, taking a bite of his roll.

“Am I that bad of an actor?”

“Well...”

Everyone laughed, including Lilly. Cooper came up and scratched my leg, asking for food.

“One bite,” I said, tearing him a piece off of my roll.

“He’s so cute,” Lilly commented. “Has he met Roxy?”

“Yeah. She stayed here for a while when she had just started training.”

“Roxy was one of the puppies Lilly’s dog gave birth to,” Dad said, nodding towards Lilly. “That’s how we met."

“So you weren’t just ‘going out with friends’ this entire time,” I said, referencing the numerous notes dad had left.

“It was just one tiny white lie.”

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

1.) If you have the phone number of any of the boys or their friends/family, don't leak it.

2.) Remember to not blow things out of proportion and to always listen to what the other person has to say.

3.) Get sleep! Its so important, watching WDW videos at 2 am is not as important as your well being

4.) Do your homework and keep up your grades! You'll thank yourself later.

5.) DON'T GET BEHIND ON FEES! If you can, pay it off now! Don't spend money on a sweatshirt you want instead of a $20 bill you need to pay in order to graduate.

6.) Always remember that the waves are slanted! Tell your friends, family, teachers, strangers, everybody!

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.