Chapter Fifty-Seven

October 13th

“Daniel just texted me and asked if him and the boys could come over,” Bailey said, typing something into her phone.

“Yeah, I want to see them all before they leave.”

The boys were leaving to move to L.A. on the fifteenth, and I didn’t know when we would all be able to hang out together. Better see them all while we can.

“Do you want me to tell them to not bring Corbyn?” Bailey asked as though she was scared if I was going to explode at the question.

Shit, I didn’t think of that. “No, he’s part of the band too. He can come if he wants.” I forced a smile onto my face as Bailey was typing away. I stood up and headed upstairs. “I’ll be back down in a minute, I need to, uh, charge my phone.” I jogged up the stairs before either of the girls could question me and ran into my room, shutting the door behind me.

I unlocked my phone and called Ashley. “Hello?”

“Hey, what’s up?”

“What is Corbyn doing right now?”

“Um, sitting in his room, probably packing for the move, why?”

“I was, uh, just wondering.”

“Okay Alexa, I’m not stupid. What’s wrong.”

“Okay, the other boys are coming over and I don’t want to exclude Corbyn but I don’t know if I’m ready to face him yet or not.”

“Alexa, either way I’m sure you’ll be fine. You two need to talk things out anyways. You can’t keep on being best friends with everybody in his band except for him.”

“I know, I know. Just, not yet.”

“Please think it over. It would really help both of you.”

“I will Ash. Hey, can you, like, please not tell anyone about this?”

“No problem. Call me if you need anything.”

“I will, thanks.” I hung up the phone and walked over to the side of my bed, flopping down so I was laying on my back. Ashley was right, me and Corbyn did need to talk things out, whether I liked it or not. I laid there for a few minutes before I heard the front door open and the loud noises that boys make.

I stood up and mentally prepared myself for facing Corbyn. Maybe I’m just being dramatic. Yeah, I’m definitely being dramatic. He’s just a boy who put multiple lives in danger to be with you and then broke your heart, that’s all.

I opened my door and slowly made my way down to the base of the steps.

“Hey Alexa,” Zach said, giving me a hug.

“Hey Z.” I looked around the room, bracing myself. But I didn’t see the blonde boy sitting anywhere. I felt some weight being lifted off my shoulders, but at the same time I felt a pang of sadness. Guess he wasn’t ready either.

“Okay Lex,” Jack said, breaking me out of my train of thought, “if you had to choose between living in a small apartment with four roommates or sharing a large house with the four roommates, which would you choose?”

“House, why?”

“Because Daniel here thinks that sharing an apartment would be more fun.”

“Yeah, you say that until it actually happens.”

“Are you guys going to go to the airport with us when we leave?”

“Yeah,” the girls said in sync.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know if I can. Dad has had a bunch of things planned all of a sudden, I don’t even know what’s happening anymore.”

“Fair enough.”

The rest of the night was spent playing games and watching some movies. We eventually decided to just have a massive sleepover at my house, which dad didn’t mind.
After getting everybody settled in in my room, me and Megan on my bed and everybody else laid around on the floor, we all did our own thing before going to sleep.

I spent my time looking out of my window and into Corbyn’s room, watching him mess with his guitar. And I know he saw me, because he was looking at me too.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Guys, Jonah is 21. He can legally break tables. I figured that deserved an update, even though the waves are still slanted and DO NOT look fucking amazing.