Twenty-Two

June 5th

“Let’s get this party started party people!” Megan yelled, opening the door and getting out of the car.

We all laughed and the followed closely behind. Megan ran up ahead of me and Bailey, with Brent following her closely behind.

“So how are you and Daniel?” I asked, nudging her side.

“He may have asked me to be his girlfriend a few days ago,” she replied casually, almost like she didn’t just hear the words that come out of her mouth.

“What?” I screeched, grabbing her arm and making the both of us stop. “Why didn’t I know this already?”

“I was going to tell you if you asked,” She said, turning to face me.

“Well it’s a good thing I did, you two are cute together.”

I heard someone yell my name from across the room. I turned around and saw Dylan walking over to us. “I haven’t heard from you in a few days,” he said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“I’ve been a bit busy.”

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Bailey said, stepping away from me and Dylan. “I have to find Daniel anyway.” Bailey left, leaving me and Dylan alone.

“So, I’ve been thinking,” he said as we started walking around.

“That can’t be a good thing,” I joked.

“Now was that really necessary?” He asked, looking down at me.

“Yes. Yes, it was.”

“Anyways,” he said smiling, “I’ve been thinking, and I’ve been thinking that you’re pretty cool, and that we’ve hung out a lot, and that I have been looking for a girl like you for a while. You know, someone I can joke around with and cuddle with and you’ve already taken one of my sweatshirts.”

“What are you saying?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Dylan asked.

“Yeah.” I said, smiling.

“You do that a lot, you know?” He said, looking down at me.

“Do what?”

“Bite your bottom lip when you’re happy, like you’re trying not to smile.”

“I do?”

“Yeah. But it’s cute; I like it.”

-

“You do realize you throw the most cliché parties ever, right?” I said to the twins.

“You do realize that you have the most cliché life ever, right?” Bailey shot back.

“My life is in no way cliché."

“The guy who mysteriously wears a hood suddenly starts talking to you, you start dating the hot pizza delivery guy, you dance with a mysterious stranger that nobody knows the identity of, what type of Wattpad story is your life?”

“None, because this is reality.”

“I still feel like we live in a Wattpad story,” Megan chipped in. “I mean, Corbyn Besson talks to you, and you only.”

“And Jack,” I added.

“Not the point.”

“Speaking of Mr. Besson,” Bailey said, jabbing my side and pointing towards the entrance. “Your prince in shining armor is here.”

“He’s not a prince, he’s wearing a hoodie, and I already have a boyfriend. You literally talked about him thirty seconds ago.”

“Shuh child and go talk to the poor guy. It isn’t like he’s going to talk to anyone else, is it?”

“I’m going, I’m going,” I said, standing up from the couch and walking over to where Corbyn was now standing. “So, do they not go over the top or what?”

“Oh, hey Alexa. Um, here.” He pulled a box out of his hoodie pocket and handed it to me. “For the birthday girl.”

“Did you really get me something?” I asked, taking the box out of his hand. “You really didn’t have to.” I opened the box to reveal a gold necklace with my name on it. “Thank you, Corbyn. I love it.” I reached up and gave him a quick hug.

“Eh, no biggie.”

-

“May I have this dance?” Dylan asked, bowing in front of me.

“You may.” I grabbed his hand and we stood up, dancing to the music that was playing. Eventually somebody decided it would be fun for everybody to switch partners, so that’s what we did.

“Well, fancy seeing you here,” I said, looking into the eyes of the mystery man. “Although, I could have sworn last time I saw you your eyes were brown with green flakes, not a bright green.”

“They tend to change,” he laughed. “Happy birthday, my lady.” He bowed and pulled a rose out of his pocket, handing it to me. “A beautiful flower for a beautiful girl.”

“Well aren’t you just the charmer.” I smirked, taking the rose away from him.

“Momma raised me right.” The mystery guy winked before backing away and leaving.

“Any idea who that guy is?” Dylan asked, coming up from behind me.

“Nope. But he’ll make someone very happy someday.” I smiled, looking down at the rose and twisting it between my two fingers.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

w0w she posts?!?  Only on Corbyn's birthday, so I'll see yall again in another 365 days :)

Ehhm.....
THE WAVES STILL LOOK FUCKING SLANTED

It has been brought to my attention that I'm a dumb fuck and Corbyn gave her a gift in the last chapter so well just say he gave her another one ;)

^that's what i get for not updating for a whole month