Jaemin- come back home

I once saw the end of my life

My heart grew, suffocating

Blocking my life

Is the fear of my future

Everyday is a reiteration, the future is bullshit
********************

I look down at my pocket knife....then look at my wrist. "Bullshit.....everyone says it's bullshit" I mutter to myself. I look at myself in the mirror once again, and held the pocket knife up to my cheek. It glided across my cheek smoothly, as I could feel and taste the drips of blood coming down my face.

"This family is a whole bunch of fuckers" I cut my wrists after, one by one. I stoped at five. I threw the pocket knife in the trash bin....and looked at my blood that was still dripping down my face. I wrap some bandages around my cuts on my wrists, but not my cheek. I like cuts. I unlock the door and go over to my bedroom.

I grab my backpack out of my closet and shove my clothes, money, and snacks in there. It was nighttime....so everyone was asleep. I quietly walk downstairs with my backpack so I couldn't wake anyone up. I saw the television on in the living room. "Someone must've forgot" I shake my head.

"Brother?"

I look to the couch and see my 7 year old sister. "Were are you going?" She asks. "And what are you doing up, late at night?" I ask. "I couldn't sleep" she sighs. "Fine, keep watching tv" I say. "But were are you going?" She asks again. "Grocery store" I simply Reply. "I thought there closed" she scratches her head. "Some stay open until 24 hours" I roll my eyes. "Oh..." she whispers.

I go over to her and hold onto her shoulders. "Listen carefully. While I'm not here....you have to look over the whole family, got it?" I ask. "Mhm..." she nods her head. "What happened to your face? You have a booboo" she frowns. She suddenly kissed me where my cut was on my cheek. "W-why did you do that?" I ask. "So you can heal quicker" she softly smiles. I force a smile back and sigh. "Take good care sis...." I hug her.

"Brother, your only going to the store!" She laughs. "Right, right" I laugh back. "Go on now! And could you buy me those chocolate animal crackers?" She asks. "Yeah.....I will" I smile. I go over to the front door and open it up. I look back to see my little sister watching tv, still. My eyes water at the actual thought that a middle schooler was running away from home....

*7 years later/your p.o.v*

"I think I've found him!" Mother exclaims. "Give it up already! He's not coming back! He abandoned his family!" Dad yells. "I'm going to school...." I whisper. Of course they wouldn't pay attention. I grab my bag and slam the door shut. I was walking on the sidewalk and on the way to school.

I remember that day when brother said he was going to the grocery store. I remember his bag. I remember his cut on his cheek. That image still haunts me forever. People tell me to give up on my brother, but I have faith that he'll come back one day and we'll all be a happy family....but that's just me daydreaming.

I made it to school in five minutes and went to my locker. I accidentally bumped into someone which made me drop my books. He picked them up from the ground and gave it to me. I saw his face. Brown hair, wide eyes, and a scar on his cheek that looked like a cut. "J-Jae-" I already realized that he disappeared into the crowd.

That couldn't be him! But I always see him after school under the tree....but I could never get a good glance of his face. He'll be there after school....and I wanna ask him something. The bell rang and I quickly rushed over to class since I didn't want to be late.

*after school*

I waited under the tree so I could see who that boy was. I waited for about 5 minutes until he finally showed up. He waved goodbye to his friends and just stranded there alone.....next to me. I cleared my throat and gathered all the courage to speak up.

"What's your name?" I face him

"......j-Jaemin" he stutters

"I'd thought you'd be back from the grocery store..." I lower my head.

"Sis? How did you-"

"And you didn't bring me back those chocolate animal crackers" I smile while there's tears forming in my eyes.

He suddenly hugs me while I hug him back.

"I'm sorry....I'm sorry for leaving you with mom and dad for 7 years" he cries in my shoulder.

"Why did you run away! I missed you! I missed my brother! I was lonely for 7 years, Jaemin!" I cry.

"I should've been there and grown up with you" He whispers.

I pull him away from the hug and wipe away his tears. "Let's go home. Mom and dad will be happy" I smile. He smiles back and we walk home together side by side on the sidewalk.

He's home.....he's finally home....