Chapter 3

"The things that excite you are not random. They are connected to your purpose. Follow them." ~Unknown

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Tenderness by General Public

----------

Shoto's POV

     It was impossible to ignore all the screaming girls by the side of the street. Finally, I turned my head, succumbing to the distraction. Immediately, my eye was drawn to a familiar face.

     (Y/N)? The girl I helped last night? I would've never guessed she attended that school.  She was also looking my direction.

     I gave her a small smile and waved. 

     She shyly waved back.

     The blonde kid who happened to be beside me, my classmate Bakugo, looked where I was looking.

     "There's a hottie if I never saw one," he hotly remarked before again looking straight ahead.

     "Yeah, she kinda is..." I said quietly, still eyeing (Y/N) from the corner of my eye.

     Bakugo picked up on the situation and lashed, "What? No, I meant her friend, you idiot! I'm not even sure why I'm walking with you."  He hastily walked away, disappearing into the group where I could no longer see him.

     I subtly shifted my gaze to the girl that stood beside (Y/N), who I assumed I was talking about. I mentally shrugged. She's pretty cute too, I guess. 

     By this time, I realized I was falling behind the rest of my class, so I jogged to get back with the group. 

     I sort of want to double check that she's okay; I slammed her on the pavement pretty hard last night. I hated that I felt so responsible, but I couldn't help it. Maybe if I hurry I can catch her after school.

----------

(Y/N)'s POV

     The U.A. students were gone now, and the girls from our school began heading to class. 

     I can't believe he noticed me...and even waved to me. I felt a hot blush creeping into my cheeks. Still looking towards the street, I let Mikura take my hand and lead me to school.

     Mikura looked at me funny. "I didn't know you were friends with one of them...who was that hotshot you waved to?"

     "Oh, well, we're hardly friends. We just met under a weird circumstance."

     "What...NO." 

     Even as we entered our classroom, my friend was still sticking to me like glue.

     "Wait was HE the one that saved you?! In the street last night, from the car?"

     Strangely embarrassed, I nodded. "Yeah, his name's Shoto."

     "You said he was 'kinda cute'? (Y/N), use your eyes! That boy has just about the handsomest face I've ever seen!! Shoto, you said? That's a cool name. . . that's it! I SHIP IT!!!" She squealed in delight as she took her seat in front of mine.

     Mikura, you are a psycho, I thought as I sat down.

     I arranged my books on my desk, but all I could think of was Shoto. Oh man, HE'S A U.A. STUDENT?!?! HE'S ONE OF THE BIGSHOTS?!?! I felt so embarrassed, small, and insignificant now, especially now that I knew where he went to school, and he knew where I went. He probably thinks I'm so uncool now. What if he only waved to me to be nice, since I was totally staring him down?!