Chapter 39

"He walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire." ~ T.M.

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Youth by Troye Sivan

----------

Late that night, U.A. dormitory. Shoto's POV

     The night had gone by too fast. Before we knew it, it was two in the morning and it was time to go home. I now found myself back at my dorm, laying in bed with the lights off.

     It was impossible to sleep, though. I was thinking about (Y/N), and how lucky I was to have and love her. Not only was she beautiful, but she was smart, determined, sweet, spunky, and also compassionate. I didn't think that kind of person existed before I met her.

     Not to mention that she was extremely talented when it came to music. Absolutely nothing could come between her and her violin, and that made her shine. After I'd given her her birthday present and we'd watched the shooting star, she insisted that she play for me. I didn't object, because I admit I did really want her to play for me. The way she played wasn't stormy and flooding with emotion like she did at the competition. It was more carefree, and I felt her happiness through it. Of everything that she expressed through her concerto during the competition, joy was something if not the only thing that wasn't there. Though I had loved her performance, I remembered I felt sad watching her. My heart had gone out to her, and more than ever I wanted to be there for her. 

     Tonight however, I guess I felt a sense of accomplishment. She was happy, and there was no sign of sadness in her eyes like he used to have. I felt privileged that I'd been the one to help her feel that way, and it motivated me more than ever to break her out of the assassin business. Mentally, I knew I was never going to rest until I'd got her out. I couldn't wait until the day I'd be able to safely hold her in my arms and know that she was free.

----------

The following day, (Y/N)'s POV

     The next day was the weekend so I was sleeping in late. I had enjoyed myself so much last night, that I hadn't realized how truly exhausted I was. I didn't care that my roommates had gotten up already and were shuffling around the room. I just wanted to sleep.

     Lying on my stomach with my arms under my pillow, I ran my finger along the links of the bracelet fastened around my other wrist. I couldn't stop thinking about last night, and even though it was over it still sent butterflies swarming in my stomach. It was the good kind of uneasiness, though. I was no longer afraid. I loved Shoto, and nothing was ever going to change that.

     Just then, I felt a sudden weight at the edge of my bed. I groaned a little, annoyed at whoever it was that had disturbed my peace. I sat up to see who it was.

     "Morning, sleepy-head." Taega sat at the end of my bed, with her arms crossed as if she was about to order me to get up.

     I rubbed my eyes. "Hey."

     "Quite the party last night, wasn't it?" She smiled.

     I nodded. "I was so surprised. I can't believe Shoto did all that for me. I'm glad he invited Bakugo, even with everything that happened."