Chapter 10

"You are not mine. But sometimes I pretend you wish you were. I create this idea that you secretly want me . . . and I often forget it's just something I've made up." ~m.k.

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Say OK by Vanessa Hudgens

----------

End of the week, (Y/N)'s POV

     We all said goodbye to Riku as he left us to join a different team in the morning. Kaito and I were sad to see him go, but Nachika was an inconsolable fountain of tears.

     "I promise I'll see you soon," Riku said with his arms around his girlfriend, trying to comfort her. "It's not like we're separated for good, we're just not working together. I love you, Chika."

     Nachika nodded. "I love you too. Forever."

     He nodded. "Forever."

     Kaito and I watched awkwardly as the two made out for the last time in a while. Eventually, he left us and shut the door.

     I came up beside Nachika and gave her a hug. "It'll be okay."

     "Thank you, (Y/N). Hopefully we can use this to better get to know each other? I know I've spent an excessive amount of time with Riku."

     I nodded. "That sounds good."

    We all headed out for our normal routine; Nachika and I left for our different schools and Kaito made his way to the training complex. Something I didn't mention before, Kaito was a genius and had learned everything high school could teach him, so his days were spent improving his combat skills or learning to decode a bomb or whatever...

     As usual, I joined up with Mikura and walked with her to school. I got us there early, so I'd get a chance to wave to Shoto (and Bakugo, I suppose) before class started.

     "Geez, you really rake in the hotties!" Mikura exclaimed as we entered our first class of the day. "You going to the dance with one of them? Better start thinking about it, it's in like a month!"

      "A month is still a long time, Mikura." I said it as chill as possible, but I couldn't help but wonder if...maybe Shoto would ask me? Ugh, no! I was taught to expect nothing, therefore I wouldn't be disappointed.

       We took our seats and waited for the second bell to ring. However, when it did, we didn't start class.

      "Class, I'd like for you to greet a new student." Our teacher walked to the front of the class with a new girl. He stood with her at the front of the room.

     "This is Taega. She just moved here from Yokohama, and she'll be taking this class until the year's out."

       The girl was slender and pretty tall, with bright blue-green eyes and blushy cheeks. Her chocolate brown waves were pulled back in a high, flawless, ponytail. Long fringed bangs and model eyebrows framed her movie star face. She looked about the room with a turned-up nose.

      You know how you can get vibes from people upon the first impression? For example, my first impression of Mikura was yes! "future bestie" written all over this one! Or, say Midoriya, whose presence constantly shouted "positive flowing energy!" But this Taega girl? She might as well have had caution tape enveloping her like a mummy.

     "You can go ahead and take a seat next to Mikura, there in the third row. She's there on the end with the chestnut hair. I believe she's one that shares your same schedule."