Chapter 38

"A view of the ocean, mountains, and the sunset. But yet, he was still looking at me." ~Aly Aubrey

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: After You by Meg Myers

--------- 

An hour later, (Y/N)'s POV

     Shoto grabbed my hand and began pulling me away from the party. "Will you go out to the balcony with me?"

     I nodded. "Of course." I loved the party, dancing , and my friends, but I'd also been waiting for when I'd get to be alone with him. After all, this was a date. It wouldn't be if we never time to ourselves, right?

     Before going out the back to the balcony, I snagged my violin which was propped against a wall. I quickly unpacked it and grasped its neck as well as the bow with my right hand, then followed Shoto outside.

**Okay so this is a new thing I'm trying, which is occasionally adding music to enhance the scene. If you don't like it or think it's too distracting, let me know in the comments ;)** 

     We went out onto the balcony, which was pretty old-looking but sturdy and it had a rustic touch to it. As the boathouse was positioned on a steep hill, the ground seemed to be far, far below, giving us a breathtaking view of the ocean. I set down the violin on a nearby bench, then strode to the railing.

     I curled my fingers around the wooden rail. I could see my breath in the cold night air, as I sighed in wonder at the scenery before me. The ocean was indeed beautiful, it was a marvel I'd never seen this close before. I was mesmerized by the way the foamy waves crashed upon the shore and rocks, then withdrew into nothing. I loved how the stars from the clear night sky sparkled in their reflection upon the water, and how the moon looked like a calm spotlight. I breathed in the sweet but salty sea air, closing my eyes to enjoy it. This is the perfect night . . .

     I felt Shoto come to my back and wrap his right arm around me, hugging me from behind. He placed his other hand on mine, the one that rested on the rail, and squeezed it. He snuggled his head into the crook of my neck and began kissing me.

     I opened my eyes slightly, my heart racing at the sensation. I adjusted my hand's position so that I held his tightly, and then held it to my chest. I loved how close he was to me, I was addicted to his warmth. I felt like I fell in love all over again every time he did this to me.

     After a while, he pulled away from my neck and looked at me, our faces only a breath apart. He kissed me softly on the lips, then turned his eyes to the sky.

     I looked too. "What is it?" I asked.

     "The stars," he responded. With the hand I wasn't holding, he pointed to a certain pattern in the sky. "See that one? That's your constellation, where the sun was when you were born. It makes a (whatever animal/being your zodiac is)."

     I looked harder. "I see it," I answered, "does it have a name?"

    "(your zodiac)."

    I nodded and smiled. "What's yours?"

   "Capricorn, it's over there . . ." He pointed to a different constellation.

   For a while we stargazed, staring out into the vast expanse of the heavens. It was beautiful, like millions of tiny diamonds scattered on a deep ebony cloth. I thought of the expression, "star-crossed lovers," like the fate of two people to be together was written in the stars. I couldn't help but think that was true for Shoto and I.