Chapter 5

"There are friendships imprinted in our hearts that will never be diminished by time and distance." ~Dodinsky

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

----------

Late that night, hotel in Osaka. (Y/N)'s POV

     The flight took longer than expected, so we ended up settling in our hotel later than planned. However, the four of us weren't in the least bit tired so it seemed we were going to be up pretty late.

     Kaito had gone to an office to hack a few security systems needed to track down the terrorist; an hour or two affair. From there he had to upload everything onto the database, which would require another hour.

     Riku and Nachika had gone to the bar on the first floor. They were under aged, but they could get past anything with their fake IDs. (Yes, fake IDs. You couldn't expect teenage masterminds to not have them.)

     As for me, I was here in the room, alone just after everyone had left.  Miraculously, I had restrained myself from checking my phone ever since getting off the plane an hour ago. (Or, more like I wanted to, but Kaito kept finding things for me to do.) Now that it was all over, I clicked it and glanced at the lock screen. My heart skipped a beat.

Missed call & Voicemail: Shoto Todoroki

     AAAAHHHH! MISSED CALL?!?!?! I wasted no time and opened the voicemail. However, what I heard had me more than a little puzzled.

     "Hello? This is Bakugo..."

     "Kacchan, give Todoroki the phone!!!"

     *shuffling*

     "(Y/N)? Hi, how are you? ..... maybe it's better if you do it, Midoriya."

     *more shuffling*

     "Uh...hi! I'm Izuku Midoriya I'm one of Todoroki's friends-"

     "YOU'RE DOING IT ALL WRONG DEKU!!! Give it to me!"

    *pause*

     "Hi, this is Bakugo again. Todoroki here WANTS TO TALK TO YOU."

     "No, he doesn't know what to say! I'll take it! Hello! I'm Uraraka it's really nice to meet you, (Y/N)! We're all at Todoroki's house and we thought we'd give you a call! Seems like you're busy though...so just call him back when you get the chance! Thanks...hey-"

     (A new voice not speaking directly in the microphone) "Todoroki, you should probably end this call. Here."

     "Uh, so...call me back? Or...wait. Midoriya!"

    *more shuffling*

     "Um, hi this is Midoriya again! Hope to see you sometime, bye!"

     "WHY DID YOU SAY HOPE TO SEE YOU SOM-"

     That was where the voicemail ended. From what I could tell, including the the background voices, there were about four different people with Shoto. There was the girl Uraraka, the uncertain but seemingly friendly boy Midoriya, the angry boy Bakugo, and another boy who had spoken obscurely. 

     Wow, Shoto has a lot of friends. Wish I was like that...

     The time the voicemail was sent was three hours ago, when I was still on the plane. It would be okay to call back now, I thought as I opened Shoto's contact. But then, he seemed a little awkward on the phone so maybe I should just send a text? No, I'll just wait.