Chapter 7

"I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him." ~Stephanie Meyer

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Hanging By A Moment by Lifehouse

----------

The next day, after school. (Y/N)'s POV

     All of last night and today, I kept thinking about what Midoriya and Bakugo had told me. He thinks I'm cute...does that mean, he likes me?

     I physically shook my head. No, not necessarily. I remembered that I admitted to myself that Bakugo was hot, but that didn't mean I liked him.

     But then Midoriya said the talks about me, or mentions me a lot. Geez, I really don't know. To be honest, I was terrible at deciphering these things.

     Mikura had to stay after school for her softball practice, so I began to leave the building alone. I was just going to go home, I figured, since there was nothing else I had to do.

     Just then, I felt my phone vibrated in the pattern I had assigned to Shoto.

     I whipped it out of my pocket and viewed my unread text message.

     Hi (Y/N) welcome back! I was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out with me at my place this afternoon. I know that's like right now, but let me know.

     I waited a few minutes before responding so as not to seem clingy or whatever. When I did, I asked the question I always asked before going to a friend's house.

     How far do you live?

     It was an important question. Remember that little chip in my head? If I went too far without authorization, my bosses at the agency would get a notification. From there they would find me based on the chip's signal and I'd be busted, to say the least. (Just to clarify, I'm able to go to places like Osaka because the people in charge adjust the settings on the chips through some computer system.) Besides, I'd rather not get a headache.

     He responded within the next minute.

     Only about two blocks from your school. The address is (whatever his address is).

     I plugged the address into my phone's GPS and saw that is was actually closer than Mikura's house. It was safe to go! I answered him right away.

     Yeah sure! I'm on my way!

     He responded with K, I'll see you there :P

     I changed course and headed to Shoto's house.

     About ten minutes later I came up the walkway to his front door. He must have seen or heard me coming because he opened it for me as I approached.

     "Hi," he said.-

     "Hi," I said likewise. I walked inside as he closed the door. "So, what have you been up to?"

      He shrugged. "Just hero stuff...school stuff, you know."

     "Sounds exciting," I answered, looking around. "Are we the only ones here?"

     "No, my sister's here. She's up in her room." He walked to the stairs. "Wanna go to my room?"

     "Yeah!" I agreed.

      I followed him up the stairs and into his bedroom, which was impeccably clean. Never in a million years would Riku, Nachika, Kaito and I get our room to look like this...