Chapter 34

"The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive." ~John Green

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Love Somebody by Maroon 5

----------

Next morning, Shoto's POV

     (Y/N) texted me later that night, saying the best time for her to show me the computer at her HQ was going to be when most of the officers flew to Osaka for a conference. She said some of the bosses would still be there, but there would be far less people out to catch us. There was not the real problem, only that the conference was two months away and one member from each squad would be chosen to attend. I became nervous that (Y/N) might be the one picked to fly to Osaka, and therefore foiling our plan. Although, there was nothing I could do about it but hope.

     Now, however, I was getting ready to leave my house for school. My brother Natsuo helped me gather my things.

     "You're welcome to come to (Y/N)'s birthday party tomorrow, if you want." I slung my bag across my body and stuck my hands in my pockets, standing at the door.

     Natsuo laughed. "Are you kidding?! I'm gonna have to see this girl now, after everything you've told me. I gotta see if she's really as pretty as you say she is."

     I smiled a little. "She is."

    I walked down the walkway, waving to him. I was glad he came to visit from college once in a while. It sometimes got lonely back when I lived at the house, with just me, my sister, and my scoundrel of a dad. I couldn't imagine what it must be like for my sister these days, since I lived at the U.A. dorms now.

    I checked my phone while walking down the block and noticed I was pretty early. I looked towards the hospital not too far off in the distance and took a minute to decide. 

    I'd still make it back in time for school, I thought. U.A. isn't that far away, I just might not make it back by the first bell.

     I changed course and headed to the hospital, walking slightly faster.

----------

(Y/N)'s POV

     Not long ago, Shoto texted and said he'd be late to school, so I wouldn't be able to see him this morning. I told him it was completely fine and decided to walk with Mikura and Keitaro instead, even if I felt like a third wheel with them sometimes.

     As I left the agency, my mind was still haunted by the disturbing dream I had. The strangest part was that it was like the authorities had quirks. I thought none of us had quirks, or at least weren't able to use them. 

     I couldn't help but feel like I made a mistake letting Shoto in on everything. Would they kill him if we got caught, just as they had in the dream? What if he dies because of me? What would I say to his family? What if we BOTH die?! I tried to shake my brain of the dreadful thoughts.

     "(Y/N)! Wait up!"

     I turned around to see Taega running towards me. I was a little surprised.

     "Hi . . ." I waited for her to catch up.

     "Do you mind if I walk with you?" she pleasantly asked.

     We then started walking together. 

     "Sure, but I'm not stopping by U.A. today, and I was actually gonna meet up with Mikura and Keitaro." I assumed the only reason she wanted to walk with me was so that she could flirt with Shoto and Bakugo if I passed by their school. Although, she didn't do that much these days, ever since she and Shoto broke up.