Chapter 27

"She said, 'whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that each day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but  people will never forget how you made them feel.'" - Maya Angelou

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: You and Me by Lifehouse

----------

That night, back at the agency. (Y/N)'s POV

     I felt like my feelings and emotions were exploding in every dimension after that night. They were feelings and emotions I didn't know I even had. I couldn't describe them if I was asked, and I didn't even know how to think of it myself. All I knew was that I was happy. Truly happy. It was a euphoria that had suddenly burst forth with blazing color in the midst of my dark and lonely world.

     After the dance when I headed back to headquarters, I felt like I was going to bust with excitement, but with difficulty I contained myself for Taega's sake. I felt like she knew already though, after all her instincts were just as sharp as mine. How could she not draw the conclusion; Shoto and I returning to the dance together after an hour of disappearing, me wearing his jacket, and then the fact that I was smiling to myself in our room like a total idiot.

     I did get a chance that night, however, to catch Nachika and later Kaito alone and tell them of my moment with Shoto. I told them everything save the part when I told Shoto of my identity. I was afraid they'd be mad I blew my cover.

     Nachika overflowed with joy and happiness for me, like her ultimate ship was finally made official. 

     "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! That's so sweet, he just kissed you like that? Don't mess this up, (Y/N), most girls never find someone like that."

     I only smiled and blushed.

    "Besides, he is such a heart throb, oh my word!" she squealed. "I finally saw this Shoto you're so moonstruck for and he's just as good-looking as you said!"

     "Thank you," I laughed, slightly embarrassed. 

     However, when I told Kaito a little later, I didn't get as much enthusiasm from him as I'd expected. I was surprised, since he'd been so willing to help me. He only gave me a weak smile and said, "I'm happy for you." He then hugged me but that was the end.

     I only let it trouble me for a second, before thinking again about Shoto and our time in the garden. The way he spoke to me, the way he held me, the way he kissed me . . . I wished I could relive it all.

     Eventually, I crawled into my bed and checked my phone one last time.

     2 new messages: Shoto Todoroki

     I immediately opened it.

     I forgot to tell you how stunning you looked tonight. You really took my breath away.

     I should've told you in person, sorry about that.

     My heart went fluttering just seeing his first message. I didn't care that it was only a text; I'd never been told that by a boy before. Well, except for Kacchan when he picked me up . . . kinda. I quickly sent him a response.