Chapter 31

"I was heading towards you with the hope of conquering you. But little did I know you had lost all of yours to someone else." -Sana Rajar

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Lie To Me by 5 Seconds Of Summer

----------

An hour later, Shoto's dorm. (Y/N)'s POV

     "You know, what's funny is that I can't find anything on the Internet when I search for your agency." Shoto squinted his eyes as he searched various websites on his computer.

     "Yeah, it's just that secret," I said, coming up behind his chair.

     "Or just that illegal," he corrected.

     ". . ." Wait, he thinks it's illegal? The thought never crossed my mind before, but now that I thought of it . . . nothing about it was legal. Oh my gosh . . .

     "Um, Shoto?" I asked.

     "Yes?"

     "Now that you said that, I need to tell you something really important that I didn't tell you yet about the agency. Please don't be mad that I didn't tell you sooner." My heartbeat was actually beginning to accelerate; I was becoming nervous to tell him.

     "(Y/N) why would I be mad? What is it?" He turned his full attention to me.

     "I, uh . . ." I looked down at my feet, unable to focus with his gaze on me.

     I felt his hand on my arm, forcing me to again look into his beautiful eyes. "Hey," he soothed, "just tell me."

     I took a deep breath. "When I was gone for three weeks before the competition, I was in Nagasaki stalking this one guy. I was authorized to track him and follow him only, but then Kaito called and said the boss wanted me to take him in. I didn't hesitate to follow the orders, so I went after him when the time was right. But then when I nearly had him, his quirk got a hold of me and I realized there was nothing I could do to bring him down. That was when I told him who I was and he told me who he was. He was a hero, Shoto. A pro hero."

     Shoto's eyes widened. "They're making you . . . arrest heroes?  What happened after that?"

     "I let him go and just went back to my hotel. But I couldn't just abandon the mission, no matter how wrong I new it was. I'd get punished when I got home. I had to call in an alternate squad, and I assume they took care of it. I didn't want it to happen, but I felt somewhat better knowing I didn't to it."

      He turned to his computer again and typed 'missing heroes' in his search engine. "Which hero was he?"

     "Edgeshot, the Ninja Hero," I answered. "The moment I saw him, I knew I'd seen him somewhere. Now I know I'd seen him on billboards and posters around the city. I was so shocked, after that I've been uneasy and I feel so unsure about everything I do for the agency."

     Shoto scrolled through his search results. "Yeah, a few weeks ago Edgeshot went missing. There's more though . . ."

     What? I sort of expected there to be, but hearing him say that still had me stunned. "Like who?"

     "Air Jet and Fourth Kind. Just yesterday, actually, Ms. Joke also went missing." He leaned back against the back of his chair and positioned his arms behind his head. "What I don't understand is why this isn't plastered all over the news. This isn't even a popular website I found it on."