Chapter 30

"Tell the truth, or someone will tell it for you." -Stephanie Klein

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Can We Still Be Friends by Mandy Moore

----------

U.A. High, Shoto's POV

     I'd texted all my friends that morning and told them to meet me in our class early today. They all said they would, and we rushed to get ready. We made it about ten minutes before the first bell.

     "So what's up Todoroki?" Midoriya asked.

     "Yeah, I mean I could've gotten more sleep if you didn't keep making my phone vibrate," Kirishima complained. "Where's Bakugo by the way?"

     "I didn't tell him to come. You'll know why." I looked around to make sure Bakugo still wasn't in the room.

     "Okay, then. What's with all the secrecy?" Uraraka said.

     "Friday is (Y/N)'s birthday," I said in a quieter voice. "I wanna ask her on our first date."

     Everyone looked at each other, grinning at the idea.

     "About time, Todoroki!" Kirishima exclaimed, slapping me on the back.

     "Question . . ." Iida spoke, "if you're taking (Y/N) on a date, why do we have to know?"

     "Yeah," Uraraka agreed. "We know that you don't want Bakugo here because he likes her and all,  but why us?"

     "Well, I also wanted to give her a surprise party," I explained. "We'll go off alone for a while, that'll be the 'date' part. But I'd really love it if you guys could come and help me out. You know how Asui did her internship with Selkie and Sirius? Well I got her to pull some strings so we were able to rent out the yacht club just for the night." I had to admit, I was pretty proud of myself.

     Everyone looked around and smiled before letting out a series of yes's.

     "I think that's a great idea, Todoroki!" said Midoriya. "What are you getting her for a present?"

     "Yeah! Oooo get her some kind of jewelry, you have to!" Uraraka enthusiastically jumped up and down.

     "Yeah, man!" Kirishima agreed. "Girls like sparkly things."

     I smiled a little. "(Y/N)'s probably coming over to my room after school but when she leaves, Mikura and her boyfriend are going to help me pick something out."

     Once again, everyone was in agreement. 

     "Okay, so Friday night then," Iida said. "We'll be there setting up while you get (Y/N)."

     "She's gonna love this so much! Who else is invited?" Uraraka asked.

     "Mikura, Keitaro, and our whole class, although I'm still thinking about Bakugo. I just don't know how he'll react."

     "Man, it would really be harsh not to invite him," said Kirishima, "but I get your point. We can figure it out, we have a few days still."

     I nodded. Maybe Bakugo could come, but I still wasn't sure. I was honestly afraid he'd make a scene and ruin it for (Y/N). Maybe I'll talk to him about it, if he's willing to listen. While I was thinking about Bakugo, I also thought of someone else.

     "I was also going to invite Taega . . ."

     The group fell dead silent, and they looked at one another.