Chapter 40

"If you own this story you get to write the ending." ~ Brene Brown

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: How Long by Charlie Puth

----------

After school, (Y/N)'s POV

     I went to meet Shoto for lunch at the park, but he wasn't there like he said he would be. I thought that maybe he'd stayed at U.A. instead, so I walked there only to not find him again. I assumed he'd gotten caught up in schoolwork or something. Perhaps he had lunch detention because someone found out about our make-out session that morning.

     I was telling myself things like this throughout the rest of the school day, but I still had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Shoto almost never kept me waiting, and if he did, he'd always let me know. I was confused.

     When my final class for the day was over, I went outside with the rest of the crowd to see if Shoto was waiting for me.

     He wasn't.

     Mikura and Taega approached me and stood at either side of me.

     "Where's Shoto?" Mikura asked innocently.

    "Yeah, where's your boyfriend?" said Taega.

     I shrugged, pretending not to care. "I don't know, it's okay though. I'm gonna swing by the dormitory and make sure he's okay, though."

     "That's sweet of you," Taega commented, before slowly walking away, vanishing into the swarm of students.

     "Should I go with you?" Mikura asked. "I don't have to go to Keitaro's house for another hour. But then of course, I need to go to my house first and pick up some things for his science project."

     I laughed. "Is there anything you don't do for Keitaro?"

     Mikura shook her head. "Probably not! I want him to wonder how he ever got along without me! I'm trying hard not to be clingy though, I swear."

     I only laughed again, then told her she didn't have to come with me to check on Shoto. With that we parted ways, and I waved to her as I started off to the U.A. campus.

----------

A little later, (Y/N)'s POV

     The sound of shattering glass filled my ears before I even came up the walk of the U.A. dormitory. It scared me, and I immediately turned my head in the direction of the noise. It came from a window on the fourth floor of the building.

     I held my breath suddenly as I caught sight of Bakugo flying out of the window as if he was hurled. He was screaming and shouting, more than ever if you can believe it. He blasted fire from his hands, righting himself in the air before he took a nasty fall. Then he flew strait back into the broken window.

     "DAMN YOU ICY-HOT BASTARD!!!! YOU'RE DESTROYING MY ROOM!!! WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET THE HELL OUT?!?!?!?!?!?!"

     My heart skipped a beat. Icy-hot . . . Shoto? Are they fighting?

     My thoughts were confirmed when a monstrous ice barrage blasted from the window, blocking any view I had and completely obstructing the opening. Nevertheless, I could still hear the muffled sound of Bakugo's screaming.

     Dashing down the walkway, I flung open the door and entered the dormitory. I raced down the hall and up the stairs, climbing until I reached the fourth floor.