Chapter 8

"Jealously is the fear of comparison." ~Max Frisch

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Personal by The Vamps

----------

(Y/N)'s POV

     Shoto laughed. "What was that?"

     I nervously laughed along with him. "I-I don't know...just clumsy, I guess."

     We began playing the game, and I got the hang of it rather quickly.  I never knew how addicting these video games were until now. I'm sure I would've had more fun, though, if my mind hadn't been so distracted.

     I glanced over at Shoto every once in a while when he wasn't looking. He was so handsome, cool, and really smart...though I still felt the pang of loneliness in my chest.

     Even if he did like me back, I'd be putting him in danger. I can't be that close with anyone outside of the damn program. 

     "You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to," he suddenly spoke.

     I raised an eyebrow. "Tell you what?"

     "Well, you seem kind of sad, like all the time. Maybe it's just me."

     "Oh, well...I guess that's just how I look."

     He shrugged. "I just wanna make you smile, that's all."

     His extremely sweet comment lit me up inside. "Shoto, you do! What kind of thing is that to say? Besides, look who's talking! If there was ever an award for 'most emotionless face', you'd win it."

     "Oh, I would, would I?"  He paused the game and dropped his controller. His hand gravitated to one of the pillows on his chair.

    "Yeah, totally." I noticed him taking hold of the pillow. He better not bash me with that...

     But he did.

     The average-sized pillow came crashing down on my head, so hard that a few of the feathers came flying out of it. 

     "You think you're gonna get away with that?!" I shouted, snatching another pillow and reciprocating the action. I got him real good in the face.

     Shoto hopped over the back of his chair and onto his bed, where he stood and collected the pillows from there.

     "Hey! That's not fair!" I condensed into a tight ball on the chair, anticipating a full assault. 

     "Come get me!" He taunted.

     I dared to look up. Okay, I will...

     I picked up the pillows that were scattered on the floor and went at him with them.

----------

     An hour later, Bakugo's POV

     I needed to get some notes from Todoroki this afternoon. I absolutely despised going to rivals' houses for school help, but it was better than facing the utter humiliation of getting the lowest grade in Aizawa's pathetic class. 

     I didn't have his cell number (like, why would I?), so I was just going to show up at his place and ask for what I needed.

     I was approaching his front door when I heard a racket from one of the top rooms. It sounded like a bunch of tumbling and jumping, all shrouded with a girl and boy's laughter. The boy was obviously Todoroki. What the freak is he doing?!